What's new

Best App for Music?

fatal.lordes

Reaction score
Hi all. I've got an iPhone 4 running, I think, ios7. I haven't upgraded ios as it is only used for music and I've heard that upgrading ios for older devices slows them down considerably.

My issue is that I find the Apple Music app a pain in the butt to actually find what album I want. It wont let me search how I want. Basically I want the app to be able to list all artists. I would select my artist, and it would then list all the albums by that artist. I would select the album to play and that album AND ONLY that album would play on repeat.

Presently, the way the Music app works is that it lists artists, then albums by that artist, but the albums can't be selected individually this way. It plays all albums by that artist. The only way presently for me to select an album to repeat is, instead of sorting by artist, album, I have to sort by album. I have 700+ albums so finding what I want is a pain in the proverbial as I don't always remember album names but I know its an album by a particular artist.

Surely there is a basic app out there that can search by artist, then album and then play the selected album only on repeat? Surely!! That's not too much to ask, is it? o_O

I thought I should add too that this is all offline music. I don't stream or anything like that. These are all my old CDs and downloads and stuff. Maybe I'm doing something wrong that isn't obvious to me. I've tried changing the "sort" option in the settings from album to artist but, to be honest, I don't see any difference no matter what I select. It's driving me batty!

In regards to the iOS version on your iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2 is the latest iOS version for your iPhone.

Fair enough. So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an app out there that I can use that would let me sort by artist, album and then play just that album on repeat?

My 4S is running iOS 5.1.1 and it allows me to select an individual album to play
IMG_1497489837.073225.jpg

By selecting artist then I see the list of albums, then I select the album I want to play
IMG_1497489910.358427.jpg

And it only plays that album.

My 6S Plus running 10.3.2 does the same thing although it looks a little different
IMG_1497490086.069356.jpg
then
IMG_1497490100.587367.jpg

I have to guess (never used any iOS 7 variant) that your works the same. Try it, please let me know if it is different.

Yeah, mine doesn't do that. I can pick artists, and then it lists all the albums including the songs in one big long list and if you select an album, it starts playing it but when it reaches the end of that album, it moves to the next album. I'll have to see if I can get some screen dumps to show you what it looks like. As said, maybe it is how I've got it setup somewhere but, for the life of me, I can't see where??

Apple music is by far the best music service available, it's cheap and can be shared across multi devices, the music is always great quality, album art, lyrics entire albums, explicit tracks, hard to find tracks and brand new releases... Best music app available!!

Apple music is by far the best music service available, it's cheap and can be shared across multi devices, the music is always great quality, album art, lyrics entire albums, explicit tracks, hard to find tracks and brand new releases... Best music app available!!

I actually liked Tidal better than Music, but it was just too expensive.