What's new

Bent my 7+

Old Goat Ninja

Reaction score
So as the title states, I bent my iPhone 7+. I bought a RAM X-Grip motorcycle mount for my motorcycle. I used the mount for the first time this morning, and just a couple minutes into my ride my phone flew out and got ran over. Oh joy. Not sure how that mount got such great reviews.

Anyways, my phone is now bent. My phone was in an Otterbox Defender and the case did it's job. I need a new case now, but it more or less saved my phone, no cracks, works fine, etc., but it's bent now.

Has anyone unbent a phone? Or is replacement the only way? Not any Apple stores near me or I'd go ask there.

Thanks in advance.

You have insurance with your carrier?? If so, might be worth making a claim. Don't know if it's worth it to you. But worth a try if you have insurance or a protection plan of some sort. Hope you get it resolved!!

So as the title states, I bent my iPhone 7+. I bought a RAM X-Grip motorcycle mount for my motorcycle. I used the mount for the first time this morning, and just a couple minutes into my ride my phone flew out and got ran over. Oh joy. Not sure how that mount got such great reviews.

Anyways, my phone is now bent. My phone was in an Otterbox Defender and the case did it's job. I need a new case now, but it more or less saved my phone, no cracks, works fine, etc., but it's bent now.

Has anyone unbent a phone? Or is replacement the only way? Not any Apple stores near me or I'd go ask there.

Thanks in advance.
You'd likely cause more damage by trying to unbend it.
If you have AppleCare+ you could get it replaced by paying the accidental damage fee. Apple has a mail in express replacement program that will see Apple send you the replacement iPhone after payment if the fee and you return your damaged iPhone in the same box. That way your not without an iPhone.
iPhone Express Replacement - Apple Support

You'd likely cause more damage by trying to unbend it.
If you have AppleCare+ you could get it replaced by paying the accidental damage fee. Apple has a mail in express replacement program that will see Apple send you the replacement iPhone after payment if the fee and you return your damaged iPhone in the same box. That way your not without an iPhone.
iPhone Express Replacement - Apple Support

Yeah, I haven't tried to unbend for that reason. Too worried that'll the force would break it. Phone looks spotless, just bent. I bought my phone through Verizon. Not sure if I have insurance or not, I don't remember. Probably not though, just because I have never ever broken or so much as scratched a phone before. I always use cases. Blah. I'm probably SOL and stuck with a bent phone.

Yeah, I haven't tried to unbend for that reason. Too worried that'll the force would break it. Phone looks spotless, just bent. I bought my phone through Verizon. Not sure if I have insurance or not, I don't remember. Probably not though, just because I have never ever broken or so much as scratched a phone before. I always use cases. Blah. I'm probably SOL and stuck with a bent phone.
I found you go here and enter the serial number of your iPhone, you'll see if you have any AppleCare+ coverage. Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
If not, check with Verizon to see if you purchased any third party insurance.

Appointment at the Genius Bar on Sunday. Thanks again. Let's see what they say. I have to travel out of town, but eh, better than living with a bent phone for 2 more years haha.

Thank you so much! It is covered until January.

Appointment at the Genius Bar on Sunday. Thanks again. Let's see what they say. I have to travel out of town, but eh, better than living with a bent phone for 2 more years haha.
You're welcome. Let us know how you get on. BTW, is there any way you can get a refund for that holder your iPhone popped out of?

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on. BTW, is there any way you can get a refund for that holder your iPhone popped out of?

Probably not. They're super cheap though, so I'm not worried about that part. It was less than $20 shipped to my door from Amazon. It gets great reviews and then a few here and there like mine. I should of trusted the bad ones. Oh well, I learned that lesson the hard way.

Probably not. They're super cheap though, so I'm not worried about that part. It was less than $20 shipped to my door from Amazon. It gets great reviews and then a few here and there like mine. I should of trusted the bad ones. Oh well, I learned that lesson the hard way.
Now you can leave a review of your own.

Took my phone in on Sunday. The said they'd fully replace it for $349. Pretty good to be honest, but he recommended since my phone still appears to be working properly that I could just leave it and come back if it fails. I'm covered until Jan 18th, 2018, so if my phone fails because of the bend between now and then, I can still take them up on that offer.

For now, my phone is still bent. Works just fine though and not a single scratch on it. Just bent. If it starts to have problems I'll take them up on that offer though.