What's new

Before You Flock To Verizon!!!

mathieu67

Reaction score
Just think about it. What do you think is going to happen when Verizon is flooded with iPhone data access, calls, SMS, emails every second. Their 4G network is going to go crazy too like AT&T's did.

I feel sorry for all the AT&T users flocking to verizon. Soon they will be b*tching about drop calls and poor services too.

Verizon is already doing some bad practices. Read this and see:

Cheaper Verizon iPhone 4 With Cancellation of Contract

My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
We will just have to wait and see I think VERIZON will handle it if not they fix it

MY 2 CENTS

Its funny to me, people keep saying this but what you don't realize is that the Droid X uuses about %50 more data then the iphone! Most android phones use more data then the iphone. I think Verizon will be fine. Service may get a little wonky this week when VIP is released but they can handle it!

Its funny to me, people keep saying this but what you don't realize is that the Droid X uuses about %50 more data then the iphone! Most android phones use more data then the iphone. I think Verizon will be fine. Service may get a little wonky this week when VIP is released but they can handle it!

Just curious how did you come up with those numbers they do not make sense

Just curious how did you come up with those numbers they do not make sense

This was actually posted on engadget about a month after the Droid X was released. The write up was about Droid phones being data hogs. I will try to find the info on it and post.

Also the androids update over the air and iPhone requires wifi for everything anyways

Just think about it. What do you think is going to happen when Verizon is flooded with iPhone data access, calls, SMS, emails every second. Their 4G network is going to go crazy too like AT&T's did.

I feel sorry for all the AT&T users flocking to verizon. Soon they will be b*tching about drop calls and poor services too.

Verizon is already doing some bad practices. Read this and see:

Cheaper Verizon iPhone 4 With Cancellation of Contract

My 2 cents

If I was an ATT iphone user, I would love the fact that people will be going to Verizon....it will relieve some of ATTs issues. Phones spread out over more networks can only make things better.

Also, Verizon has been flooded with Android phones that are much more data hungry and can be used as WiFi hotspots. I used over 8GB of data last month and barely used teather at all.

Also, where did you get your electrical engineering degree that you can say things with such certainty? How many years have you been working in the wireless industry? My guess is zilch for both.

As far as I know, you have to wait a few months before signing back up with Verizon after canceling a contract. So, the 'Bad Practices' thing isn't entirely accurate.

The kicker for me is why have an iPhone that can only limp along and make either a call or surf on Verizon when AT&T allows surfing while calling at the same time?

Doesn't make sense...... Like having a 1000Hp vehicle just to idle in your garage and say you can go fast.......

Competition is good for everyone however Verizon will have to play catch up because
I can already do more with my phone now and besides it doesn't matter whose coverage you have there will always be dropped calls and out of service area's. Nothing is ever 100%....

John T.