What's new

before I jailbreak (need help)

HighFilter

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum and been searching around for awhile now for answers.

About to get a new iphone 4 from at&t. Basically I wanna know if i should use Tiny Umbrella to back up SHSH blobs before i even plug it into Itunes to update to 4.2.1. -- Whats the best way to backup the iphone essentially is what im asking before upgrading.

Next after I jailbreak the iphone 4 and god forbid anything go wrong with the phone where i have to turn it into apple for repairs whats the best way to go about restoring the iphone to factory settings so when they look at it , they wont suspect ive Jailbroken it. Thanks for any help or info tips ..

Also should i take out the sim card before i jailbreak or does it even matter?

About to get a new iphone 4 from at&t. Basically I wanna know if i should use Tiny Umbrella to back up SHSH blobs before i even plug it into Itunes to update to 4.2.1. -- Whats the best way to backup the iphone essentially is what im asking before upgrading.

Next after I jailbreak the iphone 4 and god forbid anything go wrong with the phone where i have to turn it into apple for repairs whats the best way to go about restoring the iphone to factory settings so when they look at it , they wont suspect ive Jailbroken it. Thanks for any help or info tips ..

for the restore if you ever had to just plug into PC, open iTunes, find the restore button in the menu pick "as new device" option and apple will not know you were ever jailbroken

thanks for the info, and what does your sig mean. I use to have a berry then i woke up?

Now that the untethered jailbreak is out for 4.2.1 there's no problem in updating to it via iTunes then jailbreaking with greenpoisi0n. If you ever wish to unlock your phone in future then I suggest preserving your baseband. You can do this in tiny umbrella also. Before you jailbreak do a backup in iTunes then be sure to close it before running greenpoisi0n. Don't bother about taking your sim out...

Thanks alot for all the information ! was really helpful and fast responses.

As for the berry thing, my last name is berry was i was like waahhh?!... lol and ya Ive had my blackberry storm for over 4 years and two of the buttons completly stopped working over 2 years ago I just dealt with it because I knew i didnt wanna upgrade and renew 2yr agreement. F Blackberry, go Iphone. Getting mine tomorrow!

Thanks alot for all the information ! was really helpful and fast responses.

As for the berry thing, my last name is berry was i was like waahhh?!... lol and ya Ive had my blackberry storm for over 4 years and two of the buttons completly stopped working over 2 years ago I just dealt with it because I knew i didnt wanna upgrade and renew 2yr agreement. F Blackberry, go Iphone. Getting mine tomorrow!

smart move your wont regret it one bit

Ya im looking forward to the Vwallpapers, HTC weather widgets lock screen thingy looks amazing. cant wait.