What's new

Moved system file from root to var directory

legendstig

Reaction score
......and the phones stuck in recovery loop.

ps. I was trying to increase my system memory as there was only 4mb left lol, and I deleted the symbolic as I was trying to undo this change.

What should I do?

I've got a JB iphone 3GS 16GB on firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 6.15 (phone was unlocked). I also got my shs blobs in tiny umbrella.

best option would be to somehow access my iphone directories and undo the changes and it should boot up hopefully.

legendstig said:
......and the phones stuck in recovery loop.

ps. I was trying to increase my system memory as there was only 4mb left lol, and I deleted the symbolic as I was trying to undo this change.

What should I do?

I've got a JB iphone 3GS 16GB on firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 6.15 (phone was unlocked). I also got my shs blobs in tiny umbrella.

best option would be to somehow access my iphone directories and undo the changes and it should boot up hopefully.

Good thing you have your shsh blobs because you're going to have to restore. Next time don't try to mess with the system files if you don't know what you're doing.

Good thing you have your shsh blobs because you're going to have to restore. Next time don't try to mess with the system files if you don't know what you're doing.

kk thanks. I've restored now by creating a custom ipsw for 4.2.1 and using shs blobs.

But I got 2 questions.
1) I got pkgbackup and had all my stuff backed up, but when I restored everything except the cydia package files tweaks are restored, why is this?

2) The reason I messed up my phone was because I had 4mb system memory left, so I was following a tutorial to increase that space. So my question is how did I use it all up, because I read only developers need extra?

legendstig said:
kk thanks. I've restored now by creating a custom ipsw for 4.2.1 and using shs blobs.

But I got 2 questions.
1) I got pkgbackup and had all my stuff backed up, but when I restored everything except the cydia package files tweaks are restored, why is this?

2) The reason I messed up my phone was because I had 4mb system memory left, so I was following a tutorial to increase that space. So my question is how did I use it all up, because I read only developers need extra?

1) I never used Pkgbackup so I'm not familiar with it.

2) like I said previously if you don't know what you're doing don't mess with it. You could have used it up installing Cydia tweaks and such. I was having the same issue when I was jailbroken. Then I restored and I'm using only 0.28 of that memory before it was like 6gbs.

Thanks for help

Thread can be closed I got my answers