What's new

Battery usage wrong

mel81

Reaction score
My iPhone 4s battery seemed pretty good when I first got it. I was getting around 24 hours standby with 6 hours usage.
Suddenly my battery has started draining really quickly and now I'm only getting around 14 hours standby. The problem is the usage is showing at around 11 hours. The usage is going up while I'm not even using my phone.
I've done a restore to see if that would fix the problem but it hasn't. And I haven't installed any apps or anything yet but still no change. I've turned locations off, Siri off and even tried turning off 3G and wifi but the usage still keeps going up. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

Have the habit to close all apps from the multitasking bar when you finish using them.
Go to setting> general> restriction> ping OFF.
Turn off auto-brightness too.

Thanks I have done all that. There can't be anything running in the background still. I have everything that I can turned off.

mel81 said:
Thanks I have done all that. There can't be anything running in the background still. I have everything that I can turned off.

How are you connected for data wifi 3G edge. Also how strong is your carriers network.

Also. I have no idea if this is your case, but do you listen to music a lot? Whe music is playing and your phone is locked, the usage meter counts that as "usage" not "stand by" even if te phone is in sleep mode.

If your phone is just laying there for 3 hours no activity except for the iPod app playing music, it will see 3 hours as "usage" even tho it was asleep the whole time.

So maybe your bit listening to music, well......maybe something else is running in the background, and even tho your phone is asleep, the phone sees that as usage. Do you have anything installed that runs in the background, jailbroken apps? Anything.

Or is the usage going up even tho there is nothing Running?

The usage is definitely going up with nothing else running. I don't listen to music anymore. I used to occasionally but that was before the problems.
And only use it for a few txt messages a day a usually a few hours on Safari.
I have a good wifi and 3G connections.
I can't work out what is happening. I was hoping this might of happened to someone else.
Maybe it's time to send it back for repairs. Although not sure why it's only just started happening.
When it first started happening I had installed the Skype App and it was always logged it. But I have now deleted it.