What's new

Battery Drain Horrid after JB

golfinglenn

Reaction score
I did the JB and had zero issues, love the ease of this!!! However, after I went nuts and downloaded some themes and tweaks from Cydia my battery life disappeared, and I mean as in 4 hours of use and had to charge. I restored to factory and after 10 hours today of moderate use (email, text, Slacker, surfing) I still have 40% battery left, which is acceptable for me.

BUT, I loved the JB version of my phone lol. Here are the Themes and Apps, tweaks or whatever I was using most:

Cydia apps:

Black’UPS HD
Existenz
3ngag3d +++++
Envy
Ez4u2nv ++++++
UiNique ++++++
Oregon Ducks +++++
Volume Boost ++++
Blue Retina Bite SMS
Activator
AskToCall
Autocorrection Bar
Barrel
Clock hide
ColorBanner
ColorKeyboard
CyDelete
Double@
Five-column SB
Ininiboard
MoreIconFolder
NoLockScreen
OpenNotifier
Screen Dimmer
Springtomize
Winterboard
Ifile
SBSettings
Pimp Your screen
Poof
Aptbackup
Beat the traffic
Directv
Facebook
Google Voice
Twitter
MyClock
eweatherHD
Waze
Mapquest

I tried turning a bunch of them off but nothing helped. Anything suspicious in there as I plan on JB'ing again and going with the themes and tweaks I really liked.

Thanks,

Glenn

You really just answered your own problem keep the tweaks to a minimum and dont enable a bunch of themes all at ounce… good luck

you were probably just using your phone much more since JB.. i was like that.. once I slowed down all the tweaking, my battery was back to normal...

I agree, you just have far too many tweaks installed. Clean it up and use only the tweaks you absolutely need and only enable one theme at a time and you'll be fine.

My battery has always been about 5 to 6 hours of use, before AND after the jb. Kinda sucks that you get 10 hours and I don't!

Like the others said, way too many tweaks plus additional time playing with the phone. Only time my battery drops significantly is when I'm adjusting themes and such. When I go back to regular use, it's just fine. JB really has had no effect.