What's new

Battery Drain Horrid after JB

golfinglenn

Reaction score
I did the JB and had zero issues, love the ease of this!!! However, after I went nuts and downloaded some themes and tweaks from Cydia my battery life disappeared, and I mean as in 4 hours of use and had to charge. I restored to factory and after 10 hours today of moderate use (email, text, Slacker, surfing) I still have 40% battery left, which is acceptable for me.

BUT, I loved the JB version of my phone lol. Here are the Themes and Apps, tweaks or whatever I was using most:

Cydia apps:

Black’UPS HD
Existenz
3ngag3d +++++
Envy
Ez4u2nv ++++++
UiNique ++++++
Oregon Ducks +++++
Volume Boost ++++
Blue Retina Bite SMS
Activator
AskToCall
Autocorrection Bar
Barrel
Clock hide
ColorBanner
ColorKeyboard
CyDelete
Double@
Five-column SB
Ininiboard
MoreIconFolder
NoLockScreen
OpenNotifier
Screen Dimmer
Springtomize
Winterboard
Ifile
SBSettings
Pimp Your screen
Poof
Aptbackup
Beat the traffic
Directv
Facebook
Google Voice
Twitter
MyClock
eweatherHD
Waze
Mapquest

I tried turning a bunch of them off but nothing helped. Anything suspicious in there as I plan on JB'ing again and going with the themes and tweaks I really liked.

Thanks,

Glenn

Pringles

Reaction score
You really just answered your own problem keep the tweaks to a minimum and dont enable a bunch of themes all at ounce… good luck

bosox20

Reaction score
you were probably just using your phone much more since JB.. i was like that.. once I slowed down all the tweaking, my battery was back to normal...

Jmills87

Reaction score
I agree, you just have far too many tweaks installed. Clean it up and use only the tweaks you absolutely need and only enable one theme at a time and you'll be fine.

jjmartinez1982

Reaction score
My battery has always been about 5 to 6 hours of use, before AND after the jb. Kinda sucks that you get 10 hours and I don't!

jkhonea

Reaction score
Like the others said, way too many tweaks plus additional time playing with the phone. Only time my battery drops significantly is when I'm adjusting themes and such. When I go back to regular use, it's just fine. JB really has had no effect.