What's new

Bad battery life on 6.12

HUNTER1

Reaction score
My battery was great before 6.12 and now it's worse. These updates are hit or miss.

My battery life is worse as well, not significantly. But enough for me to notice. I used to be able to leave to school at 100% and get out of school at 95-97%(4 hours). Yesterday, I go to school and I was at 89% after school with the same use as usual. I thought it was odd. Who knows, Ill see how it is for the rest of the week before I make any judgements.

This "update" wasnt really any kind of an update. It should actually help the battery(says them). Im not going to update again until 6.2/7.0.1/2 unless the update will actually help me or improve the phone. :)

Every few minutes it drops 2%. I'll wait till it drops to 20% maybe it'll refresh the battery.

Any change after 20%? Similar experience here on the 4s. Huge drop in battery performance. They should really allow a rollback if the upgrade doesn't work!

This really really sucks.

Last edited:
Im charging right now from 20% today. I had to turn it off last night. I'll post the result.

I got my ip5 after 6.1.2 was released and immediately upgraded it.. So I can't speculate if its better or worse. But I currently have over 5 hours usage with 35% battery left.. With no music or anything of that nature. All screen on time basically. Can't say that's bad life. I think it's amazing battery life

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had bad battery before the update now it's pretty good. Currently at 12% battery with 5 hours 49 minutes of usage and 15 hours 48 minutes of standby since last charge.

Mine continually drops. Before I only charge it every couple of days, now every night since update.