What's new

Wanna know abt Gevey sim

Venky13

Reaction score
Hi guys I unlocked my iphone5 wit Gevey sim now it's working perfectly
I jus want to update my iOS 6.12 to 7
What I want to do now is thr is any problem with it ???

I've tried a few interposers back on iOS 7 beta 6, and they've worked on the 4S and 5. You shouldn't have a problem with it. If you use the Upgrade function in iTunes to upgrade to iOS 7, you shouldn't need to re-do the setup process and your unlock should still be working.

I don't have a contract either, and use a SIM card from Straight Talk in my iPhone 4S. I have UNLIMITED data, text and calls for $45.00 a month. I just upgraded to iOS 7 and have no problems.

I don't have a contract either, and use a SIM card from Straight Talk in my iPhone 4S. I have UNLIMITED data, text and calls for $45.00 a month. I just upgraded to iOS 7 and have no problems.

The Gevey is an interposer, meaning it's a tray that's slipped between the SIM reader as well as the SIM card itself, and is used to unlock a device using both a software and hardware component. Since it requires both, you have to ensure that your iOS + device combination is compatible and supported through the software component of the unlock, meaning you can't recklessly upgrade your iOS if you rely on an interposer unlock unlike a locked device or a factory/IMEI unlocked device.

Refrain from dupe posting/self-bumping.

If you're using the R-SIM7 or above, iOS 7 will still be compatible.