What's new

Backup to iCloud

Reaction score
iPhone 14 / watch3
I can't backup my phone to iCloud. Keep getting "the iphone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available."
I have the 50GB plan and using 6.5GB.

Turn off iCloud backup in Settings - your name - iCloud - iCloud Backup. Then enable the feature again.
Make sure your iPhone is up to date. The latest software version for the iPhone 14 is iOS 16.6.
If that doesn‘t help, try signing out of iCloud and in again afterwards.

iPhone 14 / watch3
I can't backup my phone to iCloud. Keep getting "the iphone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available."
I have the 50GB plan and using 6.5GB.
Are you sure that you are only using 6.5 GB of iCloud storage?

Did that. No help. I can backup ipad to iCloud with no problems. iPhone still shows the same error.
iPhone, iPad, and Windows app all show 12 of 50GB used.

iPhone and iPad show 6.5GB used.
I incorrectly said the iCloud W10 app. It's browser login and it shows 12.3GB used

If you go to your iCloud ID (first item in settings on both Apple devices) then to iCloud storage what number do you see? They cannot be different from your iCloud account accessed on the web

If you go to your iCloud ID (first item in settings on both Apple devices) then to iCloud storage what number do you see? They cannot be different from your iCloud account accessed on the web

web site shows 12.3GB used. iPhone and iPad 6.5GB. Just checked again

In an earlier post you said all three devices said 12 GB out of 50 GB.

Correct. I have no idea what's happening. Al I can do is post what I see. Could that have any relevance to my problem?
I think my next step is log out of all 3 at the same time and log back in.

Correct. I have no idea what's happening. Al I can do is post what I see. Could that have any relevance to my problem?
I think my next step is log out of all 3 at the same time and log back in.
How much iCloud space you are actually using is relevant and it was necessary to establish that you were using less than 50 GB. Signing out of iCloud and signing in again might solve this glitch.