What's new

IMessage Not Syncing with ICloud.

Pixeltaker

Reaction score
I have tried several methods to get the IPhone 14 Pro Max to synch my IMessages to store on ICloud. That app is not showing up on ICloud. None of my Apple devices are synching IMessages in ICloud. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have tried several methods to get the IPhone 14 Pro Max to synch my IMessages to store on ICloud. That app is not showing up on ICloud. None of my Apple devices are synching IMessages in ICloud. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You need to go to your Apple ID in Settings, then to iCloud, then you will probably need to tap “Show All” to reveal Messages, which you need to toggle ON.

You need to go to your Apple ID in Settings, then to iCloud, then you will probably need to tap “Show All” to reveal Messages, which you need to toggle ON.
IMG_0414.png
As you can see messages are supposed to show up on iCloud but they don’t.

That‘s the storage.
In iCloud - Apps using iCloud (Show All), go to Messages, tap it, and make sure ”Sync this iPhone”is enabled.
IMG_1997.png

There is no 'show all' in ICloud. My screen shot is what I see when I log onto ICloud.

Take a look at Settings - your name - iCloud - Apps using iCloud. You don’t have to log in via browser.

Sorry. I was trying to insert my screen shot again.

Sorry. I was trying to insert my screen shot again.
You could try first of all toggling off and then on again Messages in iCloud - then if nothing happens, I would suggest signing out of Messages shutting down each device and then signing in again.

I’ve tried several times to explain there is NO message app on my iCloud account online. I’ve signed out and in several times on ICloud. Nothing changes. I’ve done the same on all my devices.

You don‘t log in to iCloud. Just go to the Settings app,
IMG_1998.jpeg

select your name (at the top):
IMG_0714.jpeg

then go to iCloud
IMG_0712.jpeg

and take a look at Apps using iCloud.
IMG_0713.jpeg

If you don‘t see Messages at first, select “Show all” and take a look at messages. Make sure it‘s the same as the screenshot in my first post.

I’ve tried several times to explain there is NO message app on my iCloud account online. I’ve signed out and in several times on ICloud. Nothing changes. I’ve done the same on all my devices.
I suggested signing in and out of Messages not iCloud on your devices. You can’t see Messages in iCloud in a browser because it is end to end encrypted.
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Messages.
  3. Tap Send & Receive.
  4. Tap your Apple ID at the top of your iPhone's display.
  5. Tap Sign Out.
  6. To sign back in, tap Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
  7. Enter your Apple ID (if necessary) and Apple ID Password.
  8. Tap Sign In.

Last edited: