You don‘t log in to iCloud. Just go to the Settings app,
View attachment 72878
select your name (at the top):
View attachment 72879
then go to iCloud
View attachment 72880
and take a look at Apps using iCloud.
View attachment 72881
If you don‘t see Messages at first, select “Show all” and take a look at messages. Make sure it‘s the same as the screenshot in my first post.
So I get down to your last screenshot and I was able to get that far. And ticked 'show all', which I did. After that you can see in MY screenshot that Messages are turned on, but still not showing up on ICloud.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 11.14.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 11.14.20 AM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 12
I suggested signing in and out of Messages not iCloud on your devices. You can’t see Messages in iCloud in a browser because it is end to end encrypted.
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Messages.
  3. Tap Send & Receive.
  4. Tap your Apple ID at the top of your iPhone's display.
  5. Tap Sign Out.
  6. To sign back in, tap Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
  7. Enter your Apple ID (if necessary) and Apple ID Password.
  8. Tap Sign In.
This is a screen shot from my IPhone. Once I get to settings as you can see there is nowhere to tap "Messages".

Attachments

• For CarolineM.png
    For CarolineM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 10

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 11.23.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-17 at 11.23.27 AM.png
    97 KB · Views: 9
You need to come out of your Apple ID Setting and go to simply Messages further down the list.
1694969884778.jpeg

In the Settings app, go to Messages directly (not your name or iCloud). Make sure iMessage is enabled. Go to “Send & Receive”. Take a look at the address/addresses you find there. Make sure to tick off your iCloud ID and your telephone number, maybe even a few more email addresses you find there.

To sync messages between iDevices, you’ll have to do the same on your other devices as well.

I followed your instructions using my IPhone, went to ICloud and Messages are still not showing up. Actually very few of my apps are showing up and I have plenty of storage space left. I think I am going to have to contact Apple. Thank you all for your help.

These are the only apps that are showing up on ICloud and I've ticked all my apps on my phone that SHOULD be on ICloud.

Attachments

• Apps on ICloud.png
    Apps on ICloud.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 7
These are the only apps that are showing up on ICloud and I've ticked all my apps on my phone that SHOULD be on ICloud.
I have already explained why you won’t see Messages in iCloud on line in a website. Did you ever go to Messages and sign out and then in again?

I have already explained why you won’t see Messages in iCloud on line in a website. Did you ever go to Messages and sign out and then in again?
Yes. On my IPhone and IPad both. So if I understand you correctly I will never be able to see my messages on ICloud. Is that correct?

Yes. On my IPhone and IPad both. So if I understand you correctly I will never be able to see my messages on ICloud. Is that correct?
No you won't see your Messages anywhere other than in the Messages App. They can't be shown on the iCloud website because they are end-to-end encrypted.