What's new

Auto 3G iPhone 4S

kazi86

Reaction score
Hi all,

So i'm new to the iPhone coming from Android and WebOS prior to that. I have a 16GB iPhone 4s and love it, especially after i JB it using Absinthe (untethered). Everything was working great until i accidently, without doing research, installed a Package called Auto 3G. This is supposed to toggle 3G switch on/off when the phone is locked to preserve battery life. I didn't realize it wasn't compatible with iPhone 4s. Now, after deleting the package, i am getting No Service and cannot make or receive phone calls. Everything else is working fine though.

Can someone please help me out or throw in any ideas on how to get it to work again?

Thanks,

kazi86 said:
Hi all,

So i'm new to the iPhone coming from Android and WebOS prior to that. I have a 16GB iPhone 4s and love it, especially after i JB it using Absinthe (untethered). Everything was working great until i accidently, without doing research, installed a Package called Auto 3G. This is supposed to toggle 3G switch on/off when the phone is locked to preserve battery life. I didn't realize it wasn't compatible with iPhone 4s. Now, after deleting the package, i am getting No Service and cannot make or receive phone calls. Everything else is working fine though.

Can someone please help me out or throw in any ideas on how to get it to work again?

Thanks,

Var/mobile/library/preferences/search Auto3G, it will say more than that, delete whatever is there

Var/mobile/library/preferences/search Auto3G, it will say more than that, delete whatever is there

Thanks for the quick reply!

However, i'm a bit of a n00b and where can i find the Var/mobile/library/preferences/search Auto3G path?

Do i need to hook up to itunes or something? btw, on using windows 7. Or is that accesible through the phone itself?

EDIT: So i downloaded iFile and deleted Auto 3G from that path....but still no luck...

Last edited:
kazi86 said:
Thanks for the quick reply!

However, i'm a bit of a n00b and where can i find the Var/mobile/library/preferences/search Auto3G path?

Do i need to hook up to itunes or something? btw, on using windows 7. Or is that accesible through the phone itself?

EDIT: So i downloaded iFile and deleted Auto 3G from that path....but still no luck...

Reinstall Auto3G, (make sure it is disabled after installing it) then delete the settings file from var/mobile/library/preferences/

Respring

There might be more than one file. Once you delete "all" Auto3G related files, open Cydia and remove it, after removing reboot your phone.

Last edited:
ok FIXED

need to go to Settings-General-Network and Pretty much mess around with cellular data, voice roaming and data roaming and it should fix it....AFTER DELETING THE PACKAGE....for others...

ok FIXED

need to go to Settings-General-Network and Pretty much mess around with cellular data, voice roaming and data roaming and it should fix it....AFTER DELETING THE PACKAGE....for others...

Also make sure the international CDMA is toggled off. I did that to my iPhone and Auto3g works perfectly.