What's new

Audio capacity problem? Help!

Zibby

Reaction score
So in my iTunes library under music it tells me that I have 7.85 GB of music. When I sync my iPhone, in my devices tab it says I have 9.6 GB of music. Also when it's just sitting there it says there is 8.2 GB of music but when I click the sync it goes to 9.6 GB again? What's wrong here? This is really killing the memory on my iPhone as I am completely full because of this random 1.75 GB of music :/ . Thank You to whoever helps and Happy Thanksgiving!

It could be because of the album art work. I remember it sooked up alot of space on my iPod so when I sync'd the iPhone I did not sync the artwork.
On iTunes it'll break up the capacity space with music, photos, etc - I'm pretty sure album artwork goes under other.

all the space I was referring to was in the blue music category? my other (yellow I believe) is really insignificant compared to everything else.

unsync all the musics from your iPhone using iTunes. after that disconnect your iPhone from your computer and perform a hard reset 3 times (as soon as you see your home screen after one hard reset, hard reset again immediately x3) Reboot your computer then connect your iPhone to it and sync back your musics to your iPhone. It will fix up your issue with your free space, and but if that doesn't help then a factory restore will surely cure it.

so I un-synced all my music and my iPod on the phone says no content but when I plugged it back into iTunes it tells me I have 1.3 gb of music? I did the resets also and I don't want to restore it because it's jailbroken. any ideas?