What's new

GB issues. Please help

Ppsisc

Reaction score
Can someone help me with my GB question? I have a 4s 16gb and currently it shows I have 1gb unused and 12.5gb used. When I go to settings and check I can only see about 3.5 gb being used including music, videos and all apps. No way I have used this much memory I only have like 25 apps downloaded and maybe a 100 pictures with no videos. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am new to this site and hope I'm writing in the right area. Thanks for any help

Can someone help me with my GB question? I have a 4s 16gb and currently it shows I have 1gb unused and 12.5gb used. When I go to settings and check I can only see about 3.5 gb being used including music, videos and all apps. No way I have used this much memory I only have like 25 apps downloaded and maybe a 100 pictures with no videos. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am new to this site and hope I'm writing in the right area. Thanks for any help

I went to iTunes and it shows 8.2 GB on other. I don't know how to get it to show what other is. Any ideas?

Saved game data, texts, fragmented downloads, data from apps that aren't registered or recognized by Apple as being related to that specific app. If your iPhone is jailbroken, your jailbroken data is part of it.

Saved game data, texts, fragmented downloads, data from apps that aren't registered or recognized by Apple as being related to that specific app. If your iPhone is jailbroken, your jailbroken data is part of it.
My phone is not jail broken. Do you know how to get rid of it?

My phone is not jail broken. Do you know how to get rid of it?

That solely depends on what kind of apps you're using. Some of the data in "Others" is related to the apps, they might be additional system files, or just regular data.

Hi there...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Unfortunately, the only way to clear up the large "Other" amount on your iPhone will be a restore via iTunes. Make sure you have all your apps, pics, videos, music, contacts, etc. synced properly w/ iTunes... and restore as a "New Device"... not "From a Backup." Restoring from a backup will simply put you right back in the same mess that you're in now.