What's new

ARGH! why is iTunes so Slow

Budco2000

Reaction score
:mad: iTunes is pissing me off. It took 3 hours to download a 1.4GB TV episode from Itunes. Took 2 hours just to download 4.0.2for my iPhone4 which is under 400MB. I have Verizon Fios which is extremely fast. 30MB/Sec download & 5MB/Sec Upload and 100% dedicated home fiber optic that does not slow down. I can download a 4GB file from netflix and other sites In under an hour but not with iTunes. I called apple support and got the run around telling me to reboot and unplug my network cable and plug back in, **** that we all know won't work. I called Verizon to see if the were capping my Apple bandwidth speed, and they informed me they do NOT cap any websites speed. Both my laptops are doing this so I know it's not on my end. I use to be able to get a TV episode from iTunes in 30 minutes which is still a little slow but way better then 3 hours.
Anyone else experience this iTunes Dial up speed lol

Last edited:

DannyBoy

Reaction score
How fast is your computer? Prolly not an issue... But I notice the slower the PC the slower iTunes works.. But then again iTunes is a snail....

OP
Budco2000

Budco2000

Reaction score
How fast is your computer? Prolly not an issue... But I notice the slower the PC the slower iTunes works.. But then again iTunes is a snail....

I'm on a dell that is less then a month old. 4GB of ram, 1/10/100 network, i7 dual core processor, 7800RPM 500GB hard drive

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Wierd... I can do a close to the same size tv episode in 45min. With a 10mb/sec connection and a 1.6ghz netbook on wifi and 1gb of ram.... Something is up.......

itsmyiphone4

Reaction score
iTunes has always done that to me. every now and then it will literally take hrs to download something (Movie/TV Show) that usually takes minutes. Not often but it annoys the $#!t out of me when it does.

Most reactions