What's new

Is startup usually slow in iPhobe 3gs?

snaggle

Reaction score
Hello everynyan!
Ever since I took over my friend's iPhone 3gs I noticed the slow startup speed.

It takes up to a minute from starting it up until the Apple disappears and takes me to the Locked screen. Then I get to wait another 30 secs before I can unlock the phone.

Is this normal for iPhone 3gs? Just wondering so I know. Using ios 6.1.3.

iOS 6.X has dragged down the performance of the 3GS significantly. The only reason that the 3GS supports iOS 6 was because it was not graphics demanding, though the iOS itself has an increased resource demand compared to iOS 5. The startup time depends on available storage space on the device and whether or not it's jailbroken and what startup daemons are available or left intact. I would say the normal startup time from the power button being pressed until you're at the lockscreen is something like 40 seconds if not a minute or more.

Not sure what OS was on the phone before I got iOS 6.X but I am quite sure the startup time was rather slow even before. I don't just get what the iPhone is doing during this process. Kinda annoying to see this frozen picture of the Apple icon on the screen. Oh well, guess I better get used to it. Might ask as well, are the newer iPhones any better in startup times? Like the 4 or 5 version?

My 5c for it to go from powered off to the unlock screen takes about 35 seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure what OS was on the phone before I got iOS 6.X but I am quite sure the startup time was rather slow even before. I don't just get what the iPhone is doing during this process. Kinda annoying to see this frozen picture of the Apple icon on the screen. Oh well, guess I better get used to it. Might ask as well, are the newer iPhones any better in startup times? Like the 4 or 5 version?

My iPod Touch 4th generation takes somewhere around a minute and 30 seconds to boot up from the time I press the power button to the point where I'm on my springboard. My 4S takes about 40 seconds, and a test-purpose 5 takes about 30.