What's new

Apps open then blank screen.

UtahPowder

Reaction score
IOS 9.0, 9.0.1, and 9.0.2 on iOhone 6S. When opening apps they start then go to blank screen. Press home then restart app and it works. This occurs on nearly every app. Hard reboot of phone makes the problem go away for a few hours, then the blank screen comes back. When the screen is blank I can still swipe up or down to get access to those functions. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

I'm noticing the exact same problem searching some web sites The sites load but all the images aren't New problem

Ok I've been told that I could reset But tell me how? Is that called a soft reset? Will it erase my apps contacts pictures

Resetting all settings in Settings - General will set back all your settings to default. Everything you've changed in Settings has to be set up again. Your Wi-Fi as well.

If you reset using the Home and Power button, this won't change settings or remove data.

Do a settings>general>reset>reset all settings that has fixed many issues for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try. Let me tell you, it's a big pain because all my Apple Pay credit cards were deleted by the reset and required re-entry. But it has been 24 hours now and I haven't experienced the blank screen on app start up yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Resetting all settings in Settings - General will set back all your settings to default. Everything you've changed in Settings has to be set up again. Your Wi-Fi as well.

If you reset using the Home and Power button, this won't change settings or remove data.
Just did it

Well, after two full days of apps behaving, the blank screen after app loads is back. I'm guessing the root cause is some form of memory leak; this based on a reset or reboot having a temporary positive result followed over time by the problem reappearing.

Try restoring your iPhone using iTunes. This will install a fresh version of the software on your device, and might also help with your problem.

If the issue still appears afterwards, contact Apple or take it to an Apple Retail Store. The 6s is a new device, you're still under warranty, and you're certainly still within the 90 days limit of complimentary technical telephone support.

Try restoring your iPhone using iTunes. This will install a fresh version of the software on your device, and might also help with your problem.

If the issue still appears afterwards, contact Apple or take it to an Apple Retail Store. The 6s is a new device, you're still under warranty, and you're certainly still within the 90 days limit of complimentary technical telephone support.
My phone is a 6S, it came with a fresh install of software, so I'm not going to try the restore option. But thank you for reminding me of the warranty and support period, I will definitely take advantage of that.