What's new

Iphone 4 5.0.1 cannot turn on/ display connect to itunes screen when plug in charger

desmond

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this forum, i have search yahoo and googles for solution but to no avail.
this is what happened.. my colleague using a iphone 4 5.0.1 JB.. now experiencing iphone cannot turn on at all but when plug the phone to charge, it will display the connect to itunes screen but once you disconnect from the charger, it will go blank again

what i did:

1. connect iphone to itunes.. no response. i did a hold power+ home and release power button. itunes detect iphone but say its in recovery mode and i need to restore before it can be used with itunes. all this while phone is blank screen state.
i click ok then restore.. it say itunes will update and restore to latest firmware 5.1.. after some verifying.. unknown error 1602

2.i click ok, did the hold power+home button again.. itunes detect iphone and display same in recovery mode message. i click ok, then press shift + restore and select 5.0.1 firmware ipsw.. after verifying i got unknown error 3194

all this while iphone is blank screen... no display. the only thing i can see is when i plug the phone to charge but it will display connect to itunes screen

3. download and run tinyumbrella, nothing..
even it gave me an option to fix recovery but after clicking on it.. nothing happened but the TSS server is active

how to solve ??? headache!!

Going through almost the exact same issue w/ an iP4 I'm working on. Does yours kick out of DFU mode and start cycling the Apple logo at all?!? Here's the thread I have going... perhaps there's something there that'll shed some light for you. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...re-via-itunes-stuck-cycling-apple-logo-36307/

if i dont go to dfu mode, itunes wouldnt detect the iphone at all.. only when i do the dfu mode then it will say iphone detected but i need to restore
all the while the screen is blank.. nothing

the only time i see the screen display something is when i put it to charge then the connect to itunes usb logo will come up

i went to the thread you gave me.. try to use redsnow>extra and the fix recovery.
while the process is ongoing, it just hang at "the waiting for reboot portion"

i use tinyumbrella and ireb too.. cant seems to detect shshs even though the phone have been JB/redsnow previously

Last edited:
if i dont go to dfu mode, itunes wouldnt detect the iphone at all.. only when i do the dfu mode then it will say iphone detected but i need to restore
all the while the screen is blank.. nothing

the only time i see the screen display something is when i put it to charge then the connect to itunes usb logo will come up

i went to the thread you gave me.. try to use redsnow>extra and the fix recovery.
while the process is ongoing, it just hang at "the waiting for reboot portion"

i use tinyumbrella and ireb too.. cant seems to detect shshs even though the phone have been JB/redsnow previously

So your saying that you plugged it into Tiny Umbrella, clicked the Save SHSH button and nothing showed up?

So your saying that you plugged it into Tiny Umbrella, clicked the Save SHSH button and nothing showed up?

yes i set iphone to dfu mode then only fix recovery option comes on.. when i select fix recovery.. windows pop up a message saying this usb port can perform better

thats all

Thats not what I was asking mate.

You do not need to do anything . Do you even know if you have SHSH for 5.0.1?

If you were jailbroken while 5.0.1 was being signed, then you do.

Hi all im new to this forum, i have search yahoo and googles for solution but to no avail.
this is what happened.. my colleague using a iphone 4 5.0.1 JB.. now experiencing iphone cannot turn on at all but when plug the phone to charge, it will display the connect to itunes screen but once you disconnect from the charger, it will go blank again

what i did:

1. connect iphone to itunes.. no response. i did a hold power+ home and release power button. itunes detect iphone but say its in recovery mode and i need to restore before it can be used with itunes. all this while phone is blank screen state.
i click ok then restore.. it say itunes will update and restore to latest firmware 5.1.. after some verifying.. unknown error 1602

2.i click ok, did the hold power+home button again.. itunes detect iphone and display same in recovery mode message. i click ok, then press shift + restore and select 5.0.1 firmware ipsw.. after verifying i got unknown error 3194

all this while iphone is blank screen... no display. the only thing i can see is when i plug the phone to charge but it will display connect to itunes screen

3. download and run tinyumbrella, nothing..
even it gave me an option to fix recovery but after clicking on it.. nothing happened but the TSS server is active

how to solve ??? headache!!

You said you can get the USB cable logo right?

Well because of that you can use a free tool called USBView. Look up how to find ECID with USB View. easy.

With this ECID do this:

Open redsn0w, click Extras, click SHSH, Then click Query. Now type in the ECID and wait.

Open iFaith, and click on "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server. Now type in the ECID and see what SHSH blobs show up.

Open Tiny Umbrella and rite on the first page that loads, click on the "Manual ECID" button in the bottom right corner and fill out the spaces accordingly.

Post back if you find any SHSH blobs whatsoever.

If you have blobs then use those blobs to build an IPSW with iFaith.

After you built the IPSW, then you MUST enter PWNED DFU mode and shift+restore to that IPSW.

It is highly highly unlikely that this would not work, provided that you do have SHSH for 5.0.1.

Well because of that you can use a free tool called USBView. Look up how to find ECID with USB View. easy.

With this ECID do this:

Open redsn0w, click Extras, click SHSH, Then click Query. Now type in the ECID and wait.

Open iFaith, and click on "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server. Now type in the ECID and see what SHSH blobs show up.

Open Tiny Umbrella and rite on the first page that loads, click on the "Manual ECID" button in the bottom right corner and fill out the spaces accordingly.

After you built the IPSW, then you MUST enter PWNED DFU mode and shift+restore to that IPSW.

It is highly highly unlikely that this would not work, provided that you do have SHSH for 5.0.1.

i download usbview but after unrar.. a folder pop up but i cant seems to open any of the file.. please advice

With this ECID do this:

hi thanks for your advice.. this is what i obtain
usbview.. i got my ecid

i go to redsnow, shsh and query and enter ecid
i got this
1:
Full set of blobs for this ECID were not found on the Cydia server (no check was made for partial blobs)
Nothing is known about the device with ECID 1.
Please try fetching the current blobs from it first.

open ifaith, click on "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server. Now type in the ECID and see what SHSH blobs show up
available blob: NONE

open tinyumbrella and first page that load, click on manual ECID button at bottom right and filled spaces.
i got ECID for (DEC) and (HEX) i enter my ECID number on the DEC column.. nothing happen

desmond said:
hi thanks for your advice.. this is what i obtain
usbview.. i got my ecid

i go to redsnow, shsh and query and enter ecid
i got this
1:
Full set of blobs for this ECID were not found on the Cydia server (no check was made for partial blobs)
Nothing is known about the device with ECID 1.
Please try fetching the current blobs from it first.

open ifaith, click on "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server. Now type in the ECID and see what SHSH blobs show up
available blob: NONE

open tinyumbrella and first page that load, click on manual ECID button at bottom right and filled spaces.
i got ECID for (DEC) and (HEX) i enter my ECID number on the DEC column.. nothing happen

Then that device has no SHSH.

I would use redsn0w to fetch whatever blobs are on the device.

Try to use them. If that does not work.

Download the 5.1 ops for your device model.

Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 and build an iOS 5.1 Ipsw.

Sn0wbreeze will make a pre-jailbroken IPSW.

If you do not want it jailbroken..just choose Baseband preservation mode. It will not jailbreak, but only preserve the baseband.

All modes will not update baseband. None of iH8sn0w's tools update baseband no matter what.

Then that device has no SHSH.

I would use redsn0w to fetch whatever blobs are on the device.

Try to use them. If that does not work.

Download the 5.1 ops for your device model.

Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 and build an iOS 5.1 Ipsw.

Sn0wbreeze will make a pre-jailbroken IPSW.

If you do not want it jailbroken..just choose Baseband preservation mode. It will not jailbreak, but only preserve the baseband.

All modes will not update baseband. None of iH8sn0w's tools update baseband no matter what.

i try use redsnow 0.910b5c > extra > shsh > fetch then windows pop up saying redsnow.exe has stopped working

how and where to download 5.1 ops???

desmond said:
i try use redsnow 0.910b5c > extra > shsh > fetch then windows pop up saying redsnow.exe has stopped working

how and where to download 5.1 ops???

Download redsn0w 0.9.10b6 from a different bowser. Doesn't matter which one.....so long as its not the one you always use.

Extract. Drag the redsn0w.exe to your desktop.

Right click.

Click compatibility tab

Check the box at the bottom that says "run this program as Administrator".

Click OK.

Now double click in redsn0w and launch the app.

Now try to fetch blobs.

Download redsn0w 0.9.10b6 from a different bowser. Doesn't matter which one.....so long as its not the one you always use.

Extract. Drag the redsn0w.exe to your desktop.

Right click.

Click compatibility tab

Check the box at the bottom that says "run this program as Administrator".

Click OK.

Now double click in redsn0w and launch the app.

Now try to fetch blobs.

lol i did that earlier with the 09.10b5 too..

still the same.. it say exploiting with limera, then uploading 1st stage then 2nd stage then hang at waiting for reboot

desmond said:
lol i did that earlier with the 09.10b5 too..

still the same.. it say exploiting with limera, then uploading 1st stage then 2nd stage then hang at waiting for reboot

Okay. Did you don't with b6?