What's new

Apple's CEO Says iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Will Trigger 'mother of all upgrades'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6-and-iphone6plus-with-icons.png

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Apple's CEO, Tim Cook, recently made a bold statement, claiming that the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus would trigger "the mother of all upgrades." While some might think this was simply marketing hyperbole, it might very well be an accurate statement as well. The two new iPhone models are such a massive shift for the company, we can't help but think users will flock to the new devices in droves.

Tim Cook also indicated he believes we will see many Android users dropping their devices to switch to the new iPhone products. Cook claimed that the new iPhones are "appreciably better in every single way." This statement was also not too much of an exaggeration. Apple really upped the ante this time with the new iPhone 6 products, putting the entire mobile industry on notice that they aim to reclaim the mobile crown. Samsung should be seating bullets right now.

Tim Cook also commented on the Apple Watch and their new mobile payment service Apple Pay. Here's a quote from the WSJ,

Cook said Apple’s efforts in payments were “classic Apple” in taking a complex problem and making it simple. “Yes, there is going to be some economic benefit, but from a customer point of view, it takes something that’s way too hard and insecure and makes it so easy and fast.”

Finally, Cook said the Apple Watch was the byproduct of deep thinking about every aspect of the product, and only possible because of collaboration among Apple’s hardware, software and services teams. He believes that will differentiate Apple’s smartwatch from other devices, which have recorded tepid sales.

Source: WSJ

I expect the Apple servers will get hammered on Friday when the preorders begin. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire initial production run is sold out before the official release day on the 19th.

I expect the Apple servers will get hammered on Friday when the preorders begin. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire initial production run is sold out before the official release day on the 19th.[/QUOT
I'm going to order the minute it opens, From what I understand that will be 8am in the UK.

I expect the Apple servers will get hammered on Friday when the preorders begin. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire initial production run is sold out before the official release day on the 19th.

And they wi get hammered again when iOS 8 is released....

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

I'm sure the NEW Apple iPhone 6 sizes have turned quite a few heads from the Android community and the ones who left for a larger screen, will be coming back in drones.

We'll he got me, or verizon did.
I was stil on an iPhone 4, and had my eye on upgrading to a 5s when the 6 was released and the 5 came down to 99.00 upgrade price.
But verizon, offered me 200.00 trade in allowance for my 4
And with the six only 199.00 I came out a dollar Ahead to jump over the 5 and go right to the 6
I took the 99.00 I was planning on paying for the 5, and got 64gig instead of the 16.
So yea, big upgrade for me.