What's new

Applecare+ vs Verizon insurance

So apple care for 2 yrs is $99
And verizon insurunce is $10 a month but it covers theft dmamge and loss

iPhone4SVerizon said:
So apple care for 2 yrs is $99
And verizon insurunce is $10 a month but it covers theft dmamge and loss

The biggest difference is that Asurion (Verizon's provider) covers theft.

AppleCare+ will replace two handsets for $49 while Asurion is, I think, either $89 or $99. For that extra $141 over two years you just get theft/loss covered. Considering the prevalence of damage over theft, I was unable to justify Asurion.

Last edited:
The deductible for Asurion is crazy high as well. About $200 for each covered replacement...

Asurion isn't really that bad in my opinion. I had to replace my iPhone 4 about 5 or 6 months back ( have the 4s now ), and it was a 99.00 deductible and I was able to complain enough to get a new replacement instead of a refurb. It was also shipped to me via next day delivery, with a pre paid box to send the defective one back in. Are they more expensive than others? Perhaps, but they aren't anywhere near as terrible as some like to think.

Love ascuron yes I had to scan fax send papers just when finished;week; lol theif returned phone !!!!!
Why steal an iPhone?? They can't use it right??

I agree cause if a lost phone or stolen phone is FOUND as in my case well I'd b out 200$ waiting for it and sending phone back etc
The paperwork was to benefit my claim except the billing statement lmao why that??? Lol

So, not to beat a dead-horse (no animals were harmed in the making of this post) but I'm reading tru the posts in this thread and it is a bit confusing. Been with the Big V for a long time now and have had the insurance tru them for the last three phones. For all around coverage of the new iPhone 4s that I'm receiving any moment by FedEx, what "actually" is the best insurance coverage, in house with VeriZon or A+ or one of the other carriers?? I've only had the in-house insurance and used it once on a BB-Storm2 without problems and no out-of-pocket expense.

So, not to beat a dead-horse (no animals were harmed in the making of this post) but I'm reading tru the posts in this thread and it is a bit confusing. Been with the Big V for a long time now and have had the insurance tru them for the last three phones. For all around coverage of the new iPhone 4s that I'm receiving any moment by FedEx, what "actually" is the best insurance coverage, in house with VeriZon or A+ or one of the other carriers?? I've only had the in-house insurance and used it once on a BB-Storm2 without problems and no out-of-pocket expense.

i had verizon insurance on all my smartphones until I got the 4s. I now have AppleCare+