What's new

Apple You Have To Be Kidding About Bumpers and Iphone 4 Stand!

Phantom

Reaction score
Apple who do you have working in accessories design department. I have been a loyal buyer of apple products since 1984. And today I recieved my black iphone bumper kit. Well I installed it on my iphone 4 and it looks great. So you are now asking what the problem is. A few weeks ago I received the iphone 4 charging stand. I placed this stand connected to my mac pro. The stand works great and looks nice on my desk. I have been using it when at my desk to charge my phone. Well today I tried to put my iphone4 in the charger stand like I have been doing. And guess what happens when I do.

You guessed it..... The bloody thing now will not fit in because of the bumper is now on the iPhone. You have to be kidding me on nobody at apple thought this one out. I checked apple charger stand page and they have no warning about this problem. Finally checked the discussion and comment section and I find a comment from other users. A chimp could had done a better design job. I now have a choice of returning the stand and incur a re-stock fee, or do something about this problem.

Anyhow after looking at this problem I decided that I will probably get my dremel tool out and grind down each side of the stand. If I do this then the bumper looks like it will then fit in the stand.

Apple get with the program and listen to your customers comments concerning these problems concerning the iPhone 4.

Last edited:
iPad dock and iPad case same issue....I expected it with the iPhone so no biggie

iPhone Dock has never worked with any case. Apple or NON-Apple.... I don't think you will find any iPhone4 cases that work with any dock.

That depends on you interpretation of no biggie. If the customer has laid out the money for this product and it is now useless. Because the customer has laid out their money for a products that should be able to work with each other. In this day and age they should get this correct. You can't tell me they did not know before hand about this problem when all of this was designed. Plus in this day and age money does not grow on trees.

Hmm.. I think this may go back to Apple is rushing to get products out the door and in the past they made sure everything was 100%.

I don't think it's useless, you just take the bumper off. Which I do from time to time anyway because it gets dusty and stuff. Maybe it's just me, I don't see the huge deal?

Funny thing is, I'd never expected it to fit properly with the bumper. I suppose you're right though. They probably would have been smart to add some adjustability.

The docks are sleek/stylish just for your iphone without a case.... its just apple thats the way it was built. Sure they could have made a "universal" dock but Apple never has and never will build "universal".

I'm sorry it didn't do what you wanted and it didn't say it wouldnt work....but hey thats the way they are....

Apple who do you have working in accessories design department. I have been a loyal buyer of apple products since 1984. And today I recieved my black iphone bumper kit. Well I installed it on my iphone 4 and it looks great. So you are now asking what the problem is. A few weeks ago I received the iphone 4 charging stand. I placed this stand connected to my mac pro. The stand works great and looks nice on my desk. I have been using it when at my desk to charge my phone. Well today I tried to put my iphone4 in the charger stand like I have been doing. And guess what happens when I do.

You guessed it..... The bloody thing now will not fit in because of the bumper is now on the iPhone. You have to be kidding me on nobody at apple thought this one out. I checked apple charger stand page and they have no warning about this problem. Finally checked the discussion and comment section and I find a comment from other users. A chimp could had done a better design job. I now have a choice of returning the stand and incur a re-stock fee, or do something about this problem.

Anyhow after looking at this problem I decided that I will probably get my dremel tool out and grind down each side of the stand. If I do this then the bumper looks like it will then fit in the stand.

Apple get with the program and listen to your customers comments concerning these problems concerning the iPhone 4.

1984? one year after i was born:D

how where apple computers back then? i remember the first mac i saw had a monitor shaped like an apple, i did not know there was a difference in computers i thought it was just computer all the same thing.. as in apple windows, i tried to find ie when i first ever used a mac and got angry with it when i couldent work out how to do anything lol

anyway hopefully 4.0.1 will fix your antenna problem so you wont need to use the bumper

I thought it was pretty obvious that the bumper case wouldn't fit in the charging dock. It's just that Apple's been that way for every iphones. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.

Yes 1984 was a good year..........Infact I will show you what my firt pre-apple computer was. It was all the rage in 1976 when I was in secondary school....Good Old Fortran, Cobol and Basic. Hmmm let's see what I can do with this iPhone 4 Stand. I grind, I grind, off the sides you go.... it's Working Now....It's amazing what you can do with a dremel hobby tool with the file attachment. A little grinding off each side and now it fits perfectly now. Unfortunate that other people will have to borrow or buy this hobby tool.

All I can say is "Apple YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APP FOR THAT"

Now I have to replace the rechargeable NiCd's in the sealed battery case to my Newton. Still working great after all these years on wifi.

Phantom

Attachments

• $Teleprinter.jpg
    $Teleprinter.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
On the plus side the ottetbox middle level case is designed to work with the ipad dock. Maybe their iPhone case will too.

iSkin always puts out dock compatible cases so you could try that when they are out.

Thanks For Heads-Up on the suggestions. I purchased the bumper do to the iPhone slid out of my screen case last week at a veterans' fundraiser. I was taking a picture and the phone slid out and then went off the table and hit someone foot then the ground which was concrete. I don't know why it did not shatter but I had a very slight ding on the back metal edge. Hence that is why i am using the bumper plus now I can use the case without it sliding out. As far as reception problem I haven't had any problems since I use a bluetooth headset.

Phantom

Last edited: