What's new

Apple to Announce iPhone 5 At Event on October 4

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_renders.JPG

Could the wait be almost over?! All Things D’s John Paczkowski reports this morning that it has heard from its sources that Apple is due to hold a big media event on October 4, which is a Tuesday, and it’s there that it will announce the forthcoming release of the next iPhone. This is of course what All Things D has adamantly insisted on all along, so it looks like they will be proved right, should their sources prove to be accurate of course, which I’m almost certain they are. The report specifically refers to the “iPhone 5”, not iPhone 4s, or any variation on that theme. There is also no mention of a second, cheaper iPhone. All Things D’s sources also say to expect the new phone to be on sale within “a few weeks” after the announcement, so possibly by the end of October then. The report also says that this will be the first massive media launch event helmed by new Apple CEO Tim Cook, who recently replaced Steve Jobs following his resignation.

Source: Apple's Next Event to Be Held on October 4, Starring Its New CEO - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD

I wonder if Apple management ever laughs at these predictions?

AllThingsD is a pretty reliable resource, it wouldn't surprise me to see this date be accurate.

i heard October 4th as well from my friend, not sure who his source was but hes pretty deep in the tech community.

I really hope the next iphone doesnt look like the picture above...that is just godawful.

Yes I cant imagine apple leaving it much longer to announce it if the rumours are true but when sites like this announce it you start to believe

Unleashed said:
Yes I cant imagine apple leaving it much longer to announce it if the rumours are true but when sites like this announce it you start to believe

Al Gore actually stated something about new iPhones In October. The article is on AppleInsider. Lol check it out and see what you think :D!

I hope they do announce something about it, i cant wait any longer......lol

As all apple fans know, this October iPhone 5 will be released!! I just the iPhone 5 follower! However, I really hope the 5 doesn't look like the picture above...that is just godawful.

I will skip iPhone 5, waiting for 6 or 7.
This model was developed with the only aim of cost reduction, to increase Apple margin and penetrate to low-budget buyers sector.
Changes are minor , who need them?

TdF

I've seen this piks lots of time while finding iphone 5 details and still i am not sure if this is real pik or so !

I will skip iPhone 5, waiting for 6 or 7.
This model was developed with the only aim of cost reduction, to increase Apple margin and penetrate to low-budget buyers sector.
Changes are minor , who need them?

TdF

........ Riiiight

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...