What's new

Apple Said to be Planning to Launch iPhone 5 August 7

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7431-iphone-5-preorders.JPG

Wired reports that according to KnowYourMobile, a reliable source within the industry has said that Apple plans to announce the next iPhone during a keynote Apple speech on August 7, at an event where iOS 6 will also be released. This would mean that the next iPhone might actually get released as soon as August, as Apple’s recent pattern has been to release its phones just a few days after announcing them. This would be much sooner than expected for the next iPhone, which was generally thought to be arriving this fall. However, as Wired points out, Apple also like to shake things up from time to time, and according to Forrester analyst Charles Golvin, one big benefit of launching the next iPhone in August would be that Apple could take advantage of the back-to-school shopping period. Even so, Golvin says that he thinks the new phone is more likely to arrive in September/October.

Source: Report: iPhone 5 Will Be Announced August 7 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one :)

An August 7th release for the iPhone 5 would actually surprise me, sometime around October wouldn't. But as long as it is out by Christmas I'll be happy... I can put it on my list for Santa then! :)

Bring it on I say!

Last edited:
Me too. *My contract is up and I am ready to buy. *I so hope in the August release instead of in October! :)

August would be good.....I'm ready and waiting!!!

The Archangel

Poisonivy said:
me too,would be very nice.

I've been waiting two years (I think?), I need to get my tent planted outside a store somewhere!

The Archangel

I hope to pre-order my phone as I did with the New iPad. I pre-ordered the new iPad and received it in the mail on the same day people waited in line!! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

October for release,announcement in September,thats my guess.

Poisonivy said:
October for release,announcement in September,thats my guess.

i don't know if i can hold my breath that long tbh :).

we have hade the 4s, and ip3, nothing there to encourage me to upgrade to either, the ip5 will really have to rock the world to get my £'s, otherwise i 'm sticking with what i have with a cheap sim only contract.

if i'm not in the minority the the Samsung S3 will gain kudos as being superior to the ip5 based on sales

anyone else thinking like me?

i don't know if i can hold my breath that long tbh :).

we have hade the 4s, and ip3, nothing there to encourage me to upgrade to either, the ip5 will really have to rock the world to get my £'s, otherwise i 'm sticking with what i have with a cheap sim only contract.

if i'm not in the minority the the Samsung S3 will gain kudos as being superior to the ip5 based on sales

anyone else thinking like me?
nope :)