Apple Recruitment Ads Hint at August 16 Release for iPhone 5

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_Aug_16.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hot on the heels of a news story today suggesting that the iPhone 5 could be delayed due to an overheating chip, a conflicting report has emerged suggesting that the next iPhone will actually be getting an earlier launch than expected, not a later one! A Cnet reader has spotted a recruitment ad posted by Apple on Reed in the UK which just might contain a clue as to the release date of the iPhone 5. The advertisement is for “full-time iPhone Sales Staff for an exciting project” from 16th August to 29th October in retail stores. An “exciting project”, eh?! What could that be? Apparently the advert has appeared several times on the recruitment website, with each posting focusing on a different area of the UK. As Cnet notes, why would Apple be wanting to hire more expert iPhone sales personnel at this time, if not for the launch of the new iPhone? Those staff hired for the job will also be expected to attend a four-day training seminar in London. It certainly does sound like something big, doesn’t it? The only surprise is the August 16 date, as up until now all pointers have been that the next iPhone will be launched in September, but maybe Apple feels like surprising everyone with an August launch instead.[/FONT]

Source: Job posting points to iPhone 5 launch on 16 August | Crave | CNET UK
via TiPb

Seeing as this is from CNET UK, I wonder if it has nothing to do with a new iPhone, and rather that the iPhone 4 is launching on another carrier over there?

I don't think there is any major carriers left for the iPhone in the UK. I think t-mobile is the only one...