What's new

Apple’s iOS Finally Overtakes RIM to Become Number 2 Smartphone Platform in the US

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_beating_RIM_in_US.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GigaOm reports today on the results of the latest survey from market research company comScore, which finds that Apple’s iOS has now overtaken BlackBerry’s RIM in terms of U.S. smartphone share, with 26.6% of the share and 24.7% of the share respectively, and with Google’s Android still claiming the biggest slice of the pie overall with a whopping 38.1%. The figures are for the three-month period ending in May 2011, and represent a 1.4% rise for Apple. Android was the only other OS that actually increased its share of smartphone users across the quarter, with RIM continuing its recent downturn with a drop of 4.2% of the overall share, and Microsoft and Palm also both suffering drops in their share of the smartphone market in the U.S. GigaOm says that with the imminent release of iOS 5 and the advent of Google+, Apple and Android don’t look to be losing their iron grip on the US smartphone market any time soon. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Apple passes RIM in U.S. smartphone share; Apple News, Tips and Reviews

Its a great accomplishment on Apple's part. I mean it shows how well established apple has become.. great news this is.

i thought the same bab.. but Google first, thats good. I thought of buying a google nexus one but never did