What's new

Apple Replacing My iPhone - Need to Restore to Apple 4.3.3, Backup Cydia Apps, Tweaks

Rex32

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So my camera on my iPhone4 has a big fuzzy circle on one side and they agreed to replace my phone with a new one if I took it to the Apple store. I made an appointment for tomorrow and before then I need to restore my iPhone to the regular 4.3.3 from my Jailbroken version. I'm perfectly capable of reflashing the phone, but what I haven't figured out yet is a way to backup everything I have downloaded via Cydia. All of my other Apps are synced to my iTunes account so I'm not worried about them, but I am concerned with all of my Cydia Apps and Tweaks.

I use FolderEnhancer so I'm assuming I'm going to have 10 pages of Apps since they won't be organized at all. Is there a way to backup my Apps and which folders they are in and their location on the Springboard? I'm sure this is just some sort of reference file somewhere.

I would also like to backup all of the Cydia Apps and Tweaks I have installed. I wrote down a list of everything installed and worst case I can redo it manually, but I'd really like to backup my sources/repos and packages so when I get my new iPhone I can just flash the jailbroken firmware, copy over my backed up Cydia files, Sync my iPhone and have it look just like it does now. Basically I'd like to make a complete image of my phone that I can put back on, but at the very least I want to backup all my Cydia stuff.

I read about PkgBackup, but I can't get to work on 4.3.3 on my iPhone4...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Mike

You can get SBOrganizer from cydia, this has the ability to rearange your springboard settings, just the way you place your icons, after a restore you will be able to put them back the way they were arange just with one tap.
For backing up youc cydia apps tweaks and sources use 3 of these apps. PkgBackup, apt backup and xBackup. Use the 3 of them because one might not be able to restore, another one should be able to restore as the last time i tried pkgBackup it left me down.
Good luck

You can get SBOrganizer from cydia, this has the ability to rearange your springboard settings, just the way you place your icons, after a restore you will be able to put them back the way they were arange just with one tap.
For backing up youc cydia apps tweaks and sources use 3 of these apps. PkgBackup, apt backup and xBackup. Use the 3 of them because one might not be able to restore, another one should be able to restore as the last time i tried pkgBackup it left me down.
Good luck

Great advice, thanks so much. I will do all that now and then flash my phone in the AM.

I will post an update and let you know if it works when I get the new iPhone tomorrow.

-Mike

Good luck

Great advice, thanks so much. I will do all that now and then flash my phone in the AM.

I will post an update and let you know if it works when I get the new iPhone tomorrow.

-Mike

Alright. Looking forward for your update.

Does anyone have SBorganizer? I can't find it anywhere...

Thx,

Mike

What you need it "PkgBackUp" from Cydia to able to restore all of your Cydia apps on the new phone. Make sure after you restore with "PkgBackUp", that you do a reset, hold down power button and home button until you see the Apple icon, and then a respring, to get all of your icons back where you had them. Also, when you restore from PkgBackUp and it finishes, tap the Log button and check to see if everything was restored, if not restore again. That should do the trick.