What's new

Apple Pay Cash Arrives Via iOS 11.2 Beta

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple Pay Cash available in iOS 11.2 beta.JPG

MacRumors writes that Apple Pay Cash has finally arrived via the newly released iOS 11.2 beta. This means that in the US, public beta testers and developers can now get hands-on experience with the peer-to-peer payment service, which was previously only available to Apple employees.

Apple Pay Cash is very easy to use. You simply have to access the Messages app on iPhone (or Apple Watch with watchOS 4.2), where you will find a new Apple Pay Cash app. Simply tap on the app to access the Apple Pay Cash page. You can then send money to, or request money from, one of your contacts directly via Messages.

When you send money to someone, they must tap the incoming message to accept the payment. The money will then be loaded onto an Apple Pay Cash card in your Wallet app. You can send money using your debit card, credit card, or Apple Pay Cash card, but any money that you receive can only be stored on your Apple Pay Cash card, not any of your other cards. Green Dot, the company behind prepaid discover cards, is responsible for providing the Apple Pay Cash card.

It’s free to send money via your debit card or Apple Pay Cash card, but it costs 3% of the total to send money using your credit card.

Source: Apple Pay Cash Preview: A Look at Apple's New Peer-to-Peer Payments Service

I wonder how much this is going to effect Paypal?

I wonder how much this is going to effect Paypal?
PayPal has a very efficient dispute resolution process that makes it easy to get a refund if a seller doesn't ship or ships a defective product. It's the only way I ever pay for anything on eBay. So far I don't see anything comparable in Apple Pay Cash. Until Apple comes up with an effective means of getting refunds PayPal should remain a dominant means of payment for things like online purchases.

So do you have to get a physical Apple Pay Cash Card before using this service or do you get a cash card on the App Store??