What's new

Apple 'On Pace' to Beat Last Year's Launch Weekend Sales

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
iphone-6-rose-gold-001.jpg
Following Apple's announcement of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus last week, the tech giant began taking pre-orders for the new flagship phones on Saturday, September 12. At the time of this writing, some iPhone models can still be pre-ordered with first day delivery, but currently most rose-gold variants have been pushed back to 2-3 week delivery.

On Monday, Apple informed the media that it is "on pace to beat" last year's iPhone launch weekend sales. Last year Apple once again broke records selling over 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models opening weekend.

Via Apple:
"Customer response to iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has been extremely positive and preorders this weekend were very strong around the world. We are on pace to beat last year's 10 million unit first-weekend record when the new iPhones go on sale September 25.

As many customers noticed, the online demand for iPhone 6s Plus has been exceptionally strong and exceeded our own forecasts for the preorder period. We are working to catch up as quickly as we can, and we will have iPhone 6s Plus as well as iPhone 6s units available at Apple retail stores when they open next Friday."

Apple's new iPhone models will begin arriving in consumer's hands starting September 25, running iOS 9, sporting the new 3D Touch and much more.

That's very interesting. And I thought that just few people would purchase the rose gold iPhone.
I thought the same thing, I really thought that the Rose Gold wouldn't sell that well.

I think Apple is trying to appeal to the potential iPhone owners who favour different gold colours. It appears to have succeeded.

I think Apple is trying to appeal to the potential iPhone owners who favour different gold colours. It appears to have succeeded.
Yes, Apple knows it's customers it would seem.

I wonder what percentage of these orders are from China