What's new

Apple is Asking Suppliers for Record-Breaking 85 to 90 Million iPhone 6S and 6S Plus Units This Year

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
s67.jpg
With every new iPhone iteration, Apple tends to break records over and over again, outselling predecessors. Later this year, we should be seeing the next iPhone models, with history telling us they will be called the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.

According to a new report from The Wall Street Journal, Apple is planning to break records yet again. The Journal reports that Apple is asking suppliers to manufacture a whopping 85 to 90 million units by the end of this year. iPhone 6 and 6 Plus orders reportedly topped at 70 to 80 million units, so we can see Apple is in it for the big haul in 2015.

The report goes on to reiterate that this year's iPhone models will feature the Apple Watch's Force Touch technology, as well as a new color such as pink or rose gold.

We can expect an announcement for the next generation iPhone models at some point in September. What features would you guys like to see?

I would like to see the 6s start at 32GB but I don't see it happening, I'm looking forward to upgrading though from my 4.7 iphone 6.

I'm loving my 6Plus, but I might still get the 6s if the "jump" is worth it.

I doubt I'll upgrade to the S model this year, I'm quite happy with I my iPhone 6 in 64 GB :)

Wow and I thought it was going to be iPhone 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apple usually releases new iPhone designs every two years, with minor exterior revisions and updated electronics the following year. The iPhone 7, if Apple continues in the same manner, will be released in the fall of 2016.

Band 12 and better reception in general (TMobile and iPhones don't mesh well atm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk