Apple Maps or Google Maps

• Apple Maps

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Google Maps

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • neither

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Reviving this old thread, Today we missed our turnoff and I used Apple Maps to get us in the right direction which it did but when we reached the street we wanted it sent us into a Cul de Sac many yards away from our destination.
We used it to get home with no problem so on the whole I liked it.
Haven't tried Google Maps yet.
Yeah, I've had this problem with Apple Maps enough times that I'd say that was the thing that got me to stop using it.
I don't know if its just me, but I also get the sense that Apple Maps requires more bars of service to accurately pinpoint my location than Google Maps does.

Yeah, I've had this problem with Apple Maps enough times that I'd say that was the thing that got me to stop using it.
Yes, Sending you down the wrong street isn't so bad but if you were sent say North instead of South on the motorway that would be a biggie,
I might give Google Maps a go next time, Hopefully its more accurate.

My problem is in my town new homes being built I live in central/southern NJ.
We have a street.. Than a bunch of woods than the same street continues lol it's like OH I hit a dead end... But the map tells me to drive past the woods... All 3.
And in MORE than one place it's happened here... I need it redone (updated) for the new construction streets... Like soon lol
Picking up my daughter at her one friends house drove me CRAZY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem is in my town new homes being built I live in central/southern NJ.
We have a street.. Than a bunch of woods than the same street continues lol it's like OH I hit a dead end... But the map tells me to drive past the woods... All 3.
And in MORE than one place it's happened here... I need it redone (updated) for the new construction streets... Like soon lol
Picking up my daughter at her one friends house drove me CRAZY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you file a report with Apple Maps each time that happens. I have found that works, they do address the issue and if you don't file the report they do not know they have a problem.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I've been using Mapkin a lot lately. It's very nice, accurate, and has great support. It's similar to Waze, but better IMO. I use Apple Maps to tell me if a business honors Pay or not.

I use both Apple and Google Maps... Google's service is probably the better one at the moment, I find it more reliable, although it's not perfect by any means. Apple Maps is still a work in progress... well, around here anyway, but it is improving all the time.

It's cool because Waze users help each other out by reporting road hazards, stopped vehicles on the freeway and most of all Police. So it's a good warning system.
Just had quick look in the app store and we can get it here in the UK too :)