What's new

Apple logo background appearing for no reason?!

krisztiana

Reaction score
So I've been installing things like crazy from cydia on my newly jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1
Somewhere along the way in between the themes and tweaks I found that my springboard now has a giant inverted apple logo (with my background filling in the middle) SEE ATTACHMENT FOR SCREENSHOT. I have no idea what made it appear but it seems to be permanent no matter how much I change my background and I hate it!
Any ideas as to how I can get rid of it?
There is no way I'm using perpage wallpaper app from cydia, it's just so much more hassle I just want this stupid logo to go away...
Any help is appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• $image-3349479788.jpg
    $image-3349479788.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 514
Try to manage Your homescreen wallpaper on winterboard. Activate and Pull to the top that option in winterboard which says "user wallpaper" and then respring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like you downloaded a theme, check winterboard for ones that are loaded and untick it

Unleashed said:
sounds like you downloaded a theme, check winterboard for ones that are loaded and untick it

I tried that. I even removed all of my themes from winterboard so nothing was checked but it was still there...

I had the exact same problem. The way you delete it is by removing the Cydia app "Masks" by going onto
> Manage
> Packages
> Masks
> Modify (top right)
> Remove

After doing this and restarting my iPod the annoying logo wasn't there any more.

Hope this helps :)

Tommytimiv said:
I had the exact same problem. The way you delete it is by removing the Cydia app "Masks" by going onto
> Manage
> Packages
> Masks
> Modify (top right)
> Remove

After doing this and restarting my iPod the annoying logo wasn't there any more.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
it was exactly the problem! :D

> Manage
> Packages
> Masks
> Modify (top right)
> Remove

I had the same exact problem and this fixed it! Thanks!

electronictokwa said:
I had the same exact problem and this fixed it! Thanks!

You should be able to use ifile and get rid of this pretty easy

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net by iPhonecaptain.com