What's new

Stuck Continuous Boot. Black Screen, White Loading wheel, no Apple logo. Please HELP!

King_T_420

Reaction score
I updated a few of my Cydia apps, because they needed to be. 9 to be exact. But after every 2-3 apps i would need to resping my iPhone 3Gs. So I was on my last 3, and Cydia made me reboot, and now my phone is stuck inn this continuous boot. I've had this happen before but this time it's differant. It doesn't have the Apple logo. The only time the logo appears is when i do a hard reset, but after 2 minutes the Apple logo disappears and the black screen with white spinning wheel appears. The wheel spins for exactly 5 seconds, then stops for exactly 2 mnutes and starts all over again. I know how to fix this by DFU recovery, and retore, I ask this because my last restore was way back in October, I know its better then nothing , but i want to make sure there's nothing else I can do before I lose some important stuff. So my question is: Is there a way to fix this without restoring my iPhone. I have a PC, but if there's a way to do what I'm asking on a Mac I have one of those too, if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

P.s: I'm running iOS5, and I've tried using iRecovery, it wouldnt see my iphone.

I updated a few of my Cydia apps, because they needed to be. 9 to be exact. But after every 2-3 apps i would need to resping my iPhone 3Gs. So I was on my last 3, and Cydia made me reboot, and now my phone is stuck inn this continuous boot. I've had this happen before but this time it's differant. It doesn't have the Apple logo. The only time the logo appears is when i do a hard reset, but after 2 minutes the Apple logo disappears and the black screen with white spinning wheel appears. The wheel spins for exactly 5 seconds, then stops for exactly 2 mnutes and starts all over again. I know how to fix this by DFU recovery, and retore, I ask this because my last restore was way back in October, I know its better then nothing , but i want to make sure there's nothing else I can do before I lose some important stuff. So my question is: Is there a way to fix this without restoring my iPhone. I have a PC, but if there's a way to do what I'm asking on a Mac I have one of those too, if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

P.s: I'm running iOS5, and I've tried using iRecovery, it wouldnt see my iphone.

Looks like your problem is with the apps that you installed. As you cannot boot your device properly the only option that you have is to restore it.

You don't need to restore your phone only if you can uninstall the apps that you installed or install Saurik's new MobileSubstrate (with Safe Mode) which allows the iphone to boot even if there are errors. Then only can you boot properly and SSH the file and uninstall the Cydia apps.

This might also be useful:iH8sn0w.com OR http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/02/how-to-fix-iphone-recovery-mode-loop/

But since it seems impossible in your case i believe you MUST restore.

Last edited: