What's new

Apple is Only One Battery Replacement Per iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple will only replace your iPhone battery once for 29 dollars.JPG

MacRumors reports that Apple has clarified that its offer of a $29 battery replacement to anyone with an iPhone 6 or later, regardless of whether or not the phone has failed a diagnostic test, is a one-time-only offer.

What this means in practice is that once you’ve availed yourself of the offer and replaced your iPhone battery for $29, if you want to replace the battery again on the same phone some time later, it must fail the diagnostic test in order to qualify. Should your phone actually past the test, you’ll still be able to get the battery replaced, but you’ll have to pay the full fee of $79 rather than the reduced rate of $29.

Apple states that batteries should be able to retain up to 80% of their original capacity after undergoing 500 complete charge cycles.

It’s not that likely that many people will be wanting to replace their battery twice in a year, but Apple has made sure it’s plugged any such loophole for the few that might attempt it.

Source: Apple Says $29 Battery Replacements Are One-Per-iPhone When Device Passes Diagnostic Test

I wonder will Apple give owners their Batteries back when they are replaced the first time??

I had my 6 plus tested and was told it qualified for the $29 replacement but they had to order and it would be a week. I called after a week and was told it was taking a little longer and would be 2weeks. I just got a voice msg from the Apple store manager in dallas. She said because the iPhone 6plus is no longer made it would be late March or early April before they would have the battery. She did not express any empathy. Apple is losing all credibility.

I had my 6 plus tested and was told it qualified for the $29 replacement but they had to order and it would be a week. I called after a week and was told it was taking a little longer and would be 2weeks. I just got a voice msg from the Apple store manager in dallas. She said because the iPhone 6plus is no longer made it would be late March or early April before they would have the battery. She did not express any empathy. Apple is losing all credibility.

Maybe they will offer you a iPhone 7 for $29

I would be patient at least they will replace it given if it is out of warranty. Under normal conditions they would not have a high demand. Waiting a couple of months or so is nothing

Any of the older identified phones are eligible for the $29 replacement whether it passes the diagnostic test or not by the way.