What's new

Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus Officially Revealed; Full Features and Specs

AppleCare+ for the new iPhones costs about twice as much as before.

Edit: it's about $40.00 more expensive than before.

Last edited:
And apparently here in the states I can pre-order as of the 12th with the Apple Installment plan. Well, this week I find out if I have to get a new car now or not. So maybe if no new car...

AppleCare+ for the new iPhones costs about twice as much as before.
Then that makes the Apple Installment plan sound even better because it's the equivalent of 5 or 6 months of the payment and I always get AppleCare. Wouldn't even be considering that, though, if AT & T hadn't removed the ability to get a subsidized phone thru Apple. And by my next eligibility date who knows what AT & T will be doing. This could be how I maintain all my grandfathered plans. Lots to consider.

I am not sure about the trade in. That would be a deal breaker for me. I sell my phones to offset the price of the new one. Lots to still check out I guess.

Need to know more about the Trade in plan.

I have a customer for my iPhone 6, As its a relative I have to be kind about the price :)

There are very slight differences in the size of iPhone 6S and iPhone 6, I wonder if existing cases will fit.

Here is a comparison -

iphonesizes.png

A rigid case that fits tightly to the iPhone 6 would likely not fit the iPhone 6s.

I would like to order a case in advance but its going to be a bit tricky I think.
Having said that one report say that existing Apple cases will fit the new models.

Speck also say cases their cases will fit.

Yeah, 16GB is a joke...seriously especially with the upgraded cameras, those image & video files will be getting a lot larger.

I'm gonna just go for the 128GB 6s Plus because I plan to keep it at least two years & don't want to run out of space.
I only keep mine for a year and I don't put loads of apps on my phone but that 32GB entry level would have been nice.
I really don't need 64GB, I wouldn't use even half of it so it would be money wasted.