What's new

Current iPhone Cases Will Fit the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 6s case will fit old models.JPG

If you’ve been thinking about throwing out your old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus case when you get your shiny new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, not so fast, as according to AppleInsider your old iPhone 6 and 6 Plus case will actually fit the new phones.

In fact, it states on the Apple website that cases for the new phones will fit the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and vice versa.

However, it might be a snug fit, as the new iPhone 6s Plus is slightly taller and wider than the iPhone 6 Plus, and both the 6s and 6s Plus are slightly thicker than the previous models. The new models are also slightly heavier.

AppleInsider notes that these slight differences between the models are mainly due to the new material that Apple is using for the casing, with the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus casing made of 7000 series aluminum, which makes the phones more rigid. The same material is used for the Apple Watch Sport casing.

Source: iPhone 6 & 6 Plus cases will fit Apple's new iPhone 6s models

There's going to be the odd exception though, I love my Seidio Tetra Metal Bumper on my iPhone 6 and there is one for the Plus but the S model won't fit into it according to Seidio.
It might be a good idea to check with manufacturers before buying some cases.