What's new

Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max

Lovey213

Reaction score
Good afternoon I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and every since the latest software update my phone has gone haywire no face recognition, password to get in my phone no longer there all calls are coming in “no caller I’d” before Verizon put a filter on every call was busy & all calls coming in “no caller I’d” but outgoing calls to other people’s phone shows it’s me called Apple support got no where, called Verizon got no where has anyone else have the issue after the last update.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I also use an iPhone 12 Pro Max as my main device. It is up to date, with iOS 16.3.1 installed. I haven’t experienced any of the issues you’re describing. I’m from Austria, though, so my provider is different.

Did you try anything before or after contacting Apple or Verizon? For example force closing apps that don’t work as expected, restarting the iDevice, or resetting all settings.

my provider is Verizon not sure who you have as yours but every since the update my phone is not working right at all I’m not sure what to do can you give me step by step on what to do it’s very stressful at this point no one knows why my phone is doing this also Verizon says your due for an upgrade in 3 months I like my phone I don’t want an upgrade I just want my phone to work how it was working.

To force close apps, swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen, so that you see the apps you’ve used before. It may look something like this:
D9988E3B-45AE-4904-B5F5-9DE8F2433DBD.jpeg

Tap one of the apps you’d like to close completely, and drag it upwards, to the top of the screen.

To reset all settings, open the Settings app on your iPhone. Go to General, scroll down to “Transfer or Reset iPhone”. There, select “Reset”. From the next page, choose “Reset all Settings”. This will set back all of your settings to default, so you’d have to set them up again afterwards.

You told us that Face ID isn’t working. Try the following:
In the Settings app, go to “Face ID & Passcode”. Enter your passcode. Go to “Reset Face ID” and tap it. After resetting it, set up Face ID again.