What's new

12 Pro Max Security Question

MrGrim999

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I'm planning on trading in my 12 Pro Max for the 15 Pro Max soon and I'm debating copying everything over because of spyware concerns. I understand that its possible to get it from clicking on a simple picture or video via text message. I read online about typical warning signs of battery drainage, heat, background noise on calls, and checking your installed apps, etc. But, there's got to be a way to locate the spyware or some kind of visual confirmation. Aside from factory resetting, anyone know of any tricks or ways to accomplish this?

Hey guys! So I'm planning on trading in my 12 Pro Max for the 15 Pro Max soon and I'm debating copying everything over because of spyware concerns. I understand that its possible to get it from clicking on a simple picture or video via text message. I read online about typical warning signs of battery drainage, heat, background noise on calls, and checking your installed apps, etc. But, there's got to be a way to locate the spyware or some kind of visual confirmation. Aside from factory resetting, anyone know of any tricks or ways to accomplish this?
Unless you have reasons to believe your current phone has been corrupted, using an iCloud backup to set up a new phone should not be a problem.

Unless you have reasons to believe your current phone has been corrupted, using an iCloud backup to set up a new phone should not be a problem.
Yes I have my suspicion, but, wouldn’t that just copy the spyware onto the new phone by doing that ?

Yes I have my suspicion, but, wouldn’t that just copy the spyware onto the new phone by doing that ?
Have you had any surge in mobile data usage - a possible sign of spyware usage? Apple devices are extremely secure, especially if you regularly download the security updates, unless you jailbreak the phone. You could delete your history and data from the Safari settings, which would get rid of cookies.