What's new

iPhone 11 Pro Max Battery Question

Qaanaaq-Qaalaaq

Reaction score
I’m considering buying an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I’ve owned my current flip phone for about 10 years now and will probably hold on to a new phone for a long time also. So battery replacement is a concern to me.

I’m getting contradictory information from store clerks regarding this phone’s battery. There is no separate battery compartment on the phone; the battery is located inside the phone. Some store clerks say the battery is replaceable when the battery dies but Apple has to do it. Other store clerks say the battery is not replaceable when the battery dies and the phone will have to be replaced.

What’s the straight dope on this phone’s battery situation? Can the battery be replaced on this model or not?

It can be replaced by Apple, but honestly I don’t think you’ll have it for as long as your flip phone. The new smart phones are not designed to last that way. After so long they won’t take updates. It’s just like a computer and computers are the same way. Just a heads up before you make the change, but I have loved all of my iPhones including this one. They’re worth it and you can have them for years but they won’t last the way the old school phones did.

The battery is replaceable on the iPhone and as long as you maintain your device it will last. The iPhone 5s received an update this past summer after 6 years. Once the iPhone stops receiving updates it will still work and work well.
I saw a iPhone 4 in mint condition in public just the other day and was amazed. I think it was 8 years old or somewhere close to that.
I currently have a iPhone 11 Pro Max (256g) and I can honestly say this is the BEST iPhone to date. Good Luck with your decision

It can be replaced by Apple, but honestly I don’t think you’ll have it for as long as your flip phone. The new smart phones are not designed to last that way. After so long they won’t take updates. It’s just like a computer and computers are the same way. Just a heads up before you make the change, but I have loved all of my iPhones including this one. They’re worth it and you can have them for years but they won’t last the way the old school phones did.

I have an old 4S that still works and, if I put a SIM card in, makes calls - though I think it will come to pass that larger SIM cards will be hard, if not impossible, to find. It should last as long, or longer, than a flip phone as long as I am not playing baseball with it (I'm not sure if it can survive contact with the bat)

I have an old 4S that still works and, if I put a SIM card in, makes calls - though I think it will come to pass that larger SIM cards will be hard, if not impossible, to find. It should last as long, or longer, than a flip phone as long as I am not playing baseball with it (I'm not sure if it can survive contact with the bat)
You can get adaptors that will allow you to use a nano SIM card in an iPhone 4S.

The battery on the new 11 pro max wil last all day no problem even with some heavy usage of different apps. I’ve had mine less then a week, but can say I’ve used it enough to know that the battery should have no issue going all day performing many tasks. There are however some things I do have turned off to help conserve battery life, such as lowering my brightness, background app refresh is turned off, mail fetch or push is turned off, and I also keep my phone on silent durning the day at work. I’ve found that with some use of YouTube, manually fetching my mail, browsing the forums on Tapatalk, checking eBay and Amazon throughout the day, and some other apps like games, I’ve been able to keep the battery at about 65-75% by the time I get home at around 4pm. I get up at 5:30a and phone comes off the charger then and doesn’t go back into charger until I get home. So I use the phone approx 11hrs throughout the day before it sees the charger and I’ve been left with up to 78% battery in the best case.
As for the battery, as said, apple store or any authorized apple repair center, like Best Buy, can replace your battery if it’s needed. And with that said, under normal circumstances, the battery should have no issue lasting 2-4 years, depending on use and how and where it’s been charged. Battery technology has Mae leaps and bounds in the last 10yrs and they will only get better at making them from here. JMHO’s and experience messing with LIPO, LI-ION type batteries. I play with hobby grade RC cars and can say that batteries have come a very long way since my first set of lipo batteries. At any rate, get the phone if you want it, you won’t be disappointed IMO, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is one awesome phone.

While recharging my 11 Max Pro, it gets hot and goes into a hard reset that doesn’t stop until I remove the charger and cools down. Has anyone else had this problem?

There could be a problem with your battery. The iPhone shouldn’t get overly hot while charging. Does the high temperature warning appear on screen?

No warning as it is trying to reboot with the rotating gear until the battery dies.