Help! iPhone 12 pro freezes constantly

marc b

Reaction score
hi, all. please help!
I have an iphone 12 pro.
177.6 of 256 GB used
fully charged battery.
I updated the OS to 16.1.1. after that i started having problems:

My phone would just freeze every 30-60 minutes. It didnt seem to matter what i was doing: listening to music, emailing, on FB, on safari, or making a call. it just froze. occasionally the screen would then turn black. sometimes it would start up/turn on again.

i have been resetting the phone each time:
vol up button, vol down button, then hold power button until the white apple appeared. it would work for a while and then freeze again.

I just updated to OS 16.1.2 today. It still freezes.
I dont think it is due to a couple of new apps i downloaded, but unsure.

please help—is there a fix? is this malware? something else? thanks in advance for your help.

It's not malware. Since a hard reset is not working, try Reset All Settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.
If that doesn't work, you might try Erase All Content and Settings. Then set up as new, not from a back up.
If that doesn't work, then it may be a hardware issue.

I use the same one as yours. last week while I went to IOS16.2, same situation happened. They set bugs while upgrade IOS. Several yeas ago,my iphone7 plus update IOS in winter, had the same problem: getting stuck on screen, needed restart often. It always happened in OCT, NOV, DEC while apple INC gave new edition iphone, notice that your iphone battery life will be cut while go higher IOS. The only thing can explain: they want you buy new iphone, throw out your old one and make good money from you. this is a real garbage company I already know.Beware not to go IOS higher, stay in 15.7 or lower. If not, degrade to 15.7, then need refresh the machine and lost a lot of your information from the old one, be careful please. YOUTUBE can show you videos to degrade.
Please let more people Know this rotten apple. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apple does NOT set bugs just in time to sell more new iPhones.
What you describe as intentionally causing older iPhones to quit working, is nothing else but the release of a new software.

Apple releases completely new iOS versions around the time a new iPhone hits the market. Though this software is tested and used by developers and beta users, there are still bugs left that are detected when the software is made available to the public. With time, you get minor updates which address those bugs.

iOS 16 is compatible with and works on the iPhone 8 and later. If Apple intended to sell as many new devices as possible, they wouldn’t make the latest software availble to a device that’s more than 5 years old.

Btw, there never has been an iPhone 7 Pro Max.