What's new

Apple has scheduled an event for the new iPhone on September 9th.

I read that my iPhone 4 will not run new iOS. Maybe I should upgrade? Just hate to give up my "unlimited data" plan with a new plan that has limits, but not that I ever reach those GB limits now, but you never know. ;)

I read that my iPhone 4 will not run new iOS. Maybe I should upgrade? Just hate to give up my "unlimited data" plan with a new plan that has limits, but not that I ever reach those GB limits now, but you never know. ;)

So if you Upgrade you then lose your plan with your carrier? why not just buy the phone from apple and use the sim so you lose nothing?

I will be surprised if the iPhone 4 will get the iOS 8 Update, but I would not let that be my reason to Upgrade, but 4 to 6 sounds like a nice Upgrade in hardware where you will notice a huge difference.

So if you Upgrade you then lose your plan with your carrier? why not just buy the phone from apple and use the sim so you lose nothing?

Part of Verizon Wireless underwriting the cost of of the iPhone is a 2 year plan. In the past it was $200.00 with 2 year plan verses either $600.00 or maybe it was $800.00 to purchase the phone direct from Apple. That is an option I will check into. The iPhone 4 is 3G and the iPhone 6 will be some flavor of 4 LTE I assume. That might be a "gotcha" that we will to check out also.

I will be surprised if the iPhone 4 will get the iOS 8 Update, but I would not let that be my reason to Upgrade, but 4 to 6 sounds like a nice Upgrade in hardware where you will notice a huge difference.

According to the list of compatible iPhones for iOS 8, the 4s is on the list but not the just plain 4. And yes, I have been living with some annoying at times performance issues with my 4 and it is time for an upgrade. Thanks for your response.

Who's counting?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408585513.038779.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I will be glued, We usually get it in the UK around 6pm.

Twenty days......Not that I'm counting or anything ;)

17 days 4 hours and 11 minutes :D... me either hehehe

But, again depends on what the phone offers, if there is only a 5'5 model I wont be buying one at all, a 4'7 would be ok and a 128gb model even better

I'm stoked for the release!!
I'm not writing off the 5.5 just because its large. It could have some advantages. Its the same as when people thought the ipad concept was stupid. Who knows what ios 8 could bring to the table?
That being said, September cannot come any sooner. I just hope my 4s doesn't break down before then. :)

One should be aware Apple has not announced anything so this is speculation. Yes it may end up being on that date however only Apple has the final say. One can expect an OFFICIAL notice from Apple soon.

One should be aware Apple has not announced anything so this is speculation. Yes it may end up being on that date however only Apple has the final say. One can expect an OFFICIAL notice from Apple soon.
Really? ^^^ LOL. Come on Col. We can dream can't we? Why rain on our parade :p

Not raining on your parade however I have had 3 users PM me to question if this was correct so all I have done is posted what is the truth. You can keep dreaming however you may need to dream a little longer than expected.