What's new

APPLE EVENT.

Jet black 128gb iPhone 7 plus. Is $1419 inc tax outright purchase in Australia

Administrator, iPad forums

Tim said the iPhone 7 is the same price as 6s and 6s plus but in the Apple store UK its isn't, Its a lot more than last year.
I don't get that!

Maybe the fact that £ has lost some value?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Well looked at everything I can about the iPhone 7 not seen anywhere it mentions Live Photos. Will this phone do them? I'm guessing yes as the last 2/3 phones have 6s, 6s plus and se. Seems there has been some improvements live 7mp front camera and duel back camera only time will tell how much better they are. The 7 is also meant to be faster than 6s something they do keep improving on til now 6s been fastest even when se came out. The better battery life on 7 has to be one of best improvements. Water proof phone another good thing even if it only for sake of being able to test it without ruining warrentee on it. I know 6s supposed to be able to work after being in water but not tried it incase it does damage it.

In the USA Apple store iPhone 7 plus is 769 dollars, Calculation gets that to £569 yet it starts at £719 for the 32GB.

Well looked at everything I can about the iPhone 7 not seen anywhere it mentions Live Photos. Will this phone do them? I'm guessing yes as the last 2/3 phones have 6s, 6s plus and se. Seems there has been some improvements live 7mp front camera and duel back camera only time will tell how much better they are. The 7 is also meant to be faster than 6s something they do keep improving on til now 6s been fastest even when se came out. The better battery life on 7 has to be one of best improvements. Water proof phone another good thing even if it only for sake of being able to test it without ruining warrentee on it. I know 6s supposed to be able to work after being in water but not tried it incase it does damage it.

Yes. The keynote showed Live Photos. The phone is not waterproof. It's water resistant. It won't survive a trip to the swimming pool.

In the USA Apple store iPhone 7 plus is 769 dollars, Calculation gets that to £569 yet it starts at £719 for the 32GB.

US prices don't include sales tax because it varies from state to state. UK prices include 20% VAT (by law).

US prices don't include sales tax because it varies from state to state. UK prices include 20% VAT (by law).
Even so Tim said no change in last years prices.....£100 more is a big jump.

Last edited:

Sorry don't understand just calculated l got on today's prices £576.68 for the iPhone 7 + how come £719?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Sorry don't understand just calculated l got on today's prices £576.68 for the iPhone 7 + how come £719?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
I did the same calculation and I have no idea why it should be £719, Not too pleased about the pricing.

Somewhere l have his private hotline number maybe you should give him a call.
Have you thought about the monthly plan system that they mentioned at the end? I'm not sure how it works but if you change your iPhone yearly and your happy with your data company it might be an idea.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Somewhere l have his private hotline number maybe you should give him a call.
Have you thought about the monthly plan system that they mentioned at the end? I'm not sure how it works but if you change your iPhone yearly and your happy with your data company it might be an idea.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
I had a quick look, Think it's extra for yearly.

No bargains anywhere then sadly. I thought he said yearly guess l was so totally surprised that l saw the show, got confused.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Was anything mentioned about improved sound or speakers on the iPhone7?

Was anything mentioned about improved sound or speakers on the iPhone7?

Yes. Two speakers, one at the top, and one at the bottom for stereo in landscape mode. Twice the volume, apparently.