What's new

Apple Care Policy Change

jimmi3

Reaction score
There's a new policy regarding Apple Care and Apple Care Plus. You can ONLY order it online when you order a product. Otherwise you have to do it via phone (1-800-275-2273).

When I ordered my iPhone 5 and later an iPad Mini, I was told by Verizon that I had 30 days to purchase Apple Care. Went on-line and could find no BUY button in any of the Apple links. Finally did it via phone and Apple rep told me "No more boxes via mail, just emails confirming the purchase(s).

If you are a registered Apple customer, you'll still need the Serial Number of the products.

I just did that Wednesday night!!!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Yeah- thanks to the above poster's advice, I did this yesterday. And no thanks to the chat person at the Apple Store online, who told me I'd have to take the phones to an Apple retail store to have them registered. On the phone was much easier.

Yeah our apple store is 30mins away which isn't AWFUL but calling over the phone is WAY easier. I'm glad I could help ya out!

~iPhoneMommy~

My Apple Store is only 15 minutes away and so it wasn't a big deal for me to go in and buy my apple care plus. In fact, it gave us a chance to play with IPads, minis and iMacs. That store is so tempting to me...now I have the mini and the iMac in my head! :)

I know isn't that the truth! It's like "ill take one of those.....and one of those.....maybe two of those". Sorry. A little OT I know :)

~iPhoneMommy~

I had no problem driving the 15 miles to get to the Apple Store. I just had a problem parking my car a mile away.

I don't like big crowds and that place was packed. It was a weekday too. I was having an issue getting my iTunes recognized and that 30 pin plug apparently was bent.

The person who helped me said they would have to order a replacement part. Did I want it sent to my house or pick it up at the store? I told the girl that I had no intentions on coming back to the store and you didn't have a replacement? She said they had them but I would have to pay for it! Huh? I was sort of stunned and just said deliver it when out of the clear blue sky she suddenly thinks they have one. She returns with a replacement for me.

I know business is business but how difficult could it have been to simply give me one they had for sale if they didn't have any? It's an Apple Store.

Haven't been back, don't intend to either.