What's new

Apple App Store & iTunes Experiencing Intermittent Service Downtime

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Apple-System-Status-0315.png

There are multiple reports around the globe that the Apple App Store and iTunes services are experiencing intermittent service disruptions and downtime. These disruptions started occurring at around 2am PT, and although problems have been corrected in several areas, the issue is still being worked on.

Users in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, India and several other countries worldwide have either had spotty service or no connectivity to either service. Apple updated their System Status page with the above update to the widespread outages. Apple is working on it folks! Stay tuned and we will keep you updated.

Thanks for this! I was wondering why I was having issues downloading an app!

Now I understand why I was having problems this morning. Kinda freaked me out when I did a reset on my phone and it came up with the connect to iTunes screen. Hope it doesn't take too long to get things sorted out.

When I saw it, about an hour ago, it was yellow, like the image above, and only iTunes Store had a yellow warning triangle. I wonder if the colours indicate different status levels.

I bet they do, and I would guess that red is worse than yellow!

The Austrian system status page still is all in red.

This seems to affect updates as well. Since another member posted about this problem in iPadForums, I've been trying to update an app on my iPhone, but it constantly reverts to "Update".

The page looks normal until you make a request then you get a Yellow status triangle.