What's new

Some Apple iCloud services are down

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
13.08.21-iCloud_Status.jpg

If you tried using iCloud services today and it didn’t work, you’re not the only one in the boat. Apple has updated its official system status page, showcasing that a number of services are down for the day. According to the post, users can expect to encounter problems with Photo Stream, Documents in the Cloud, Backup, iPhoto Journals and surprisingly the uber popular iMessages.

However, there’s no need to panic. The official statement released by the company states that less than 1% of users are actually affected by the issues:

“Multiple Services – Less than 1% of users are affected. Users may be unable to use iCloud Documents, Photo Stream, iPhoto Journals or Backup & Restore. Users may also be unable to send or download attachments in iMessages.”

Even if the numbers of users experiencing problems is reportedly a small one, the situation is still inconvenient especially since it has lasted for six hours now. Last week, Apple also experienced problems with some users being unable to create Apple IDs. But that issue cleared up pretty quick.

Apple is known to have had similar problems, but on a grander scale – back in June one of five users experienced complications when trying to use the iCloud or the iTunes service. So it makes us wonder, how long until they fix this issue?

Update: All services returned online before 11:30 a.m. Eastern on Thursday.

Source: AppleInsider

I tried an iCloud backup earlier today and it didn't work - I eventually got a message in the settings app. Glad to know it wasn't just me.