What's new

App Store will not update my apps

Gil718

Reaction score
Hi, i am sort of new to this forum, i searched and couldn't find anyone else with this problem, hopefully someone here can help me out.

If i go to the app store and go to the updates section, i click on the app i wish to update, click on the update button, it brings me back to the home screen where the app resides shows 'waiting..' bellow the icon with a progress bar on the icon, it sits there for a few seconds and disappears without upgrading the app. At this point i can go back in the app store and verify that it did not upgrade as the app is still in the updates list.

This is a verizon iphone 4 and it is jailbroken.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Gil718 said:
Hi, i am sort of new to this forum, i searched and couldn't find anyone else with this problem, hopefully someone here can help me out.

If i go to the app store and go to the updates section, i click on the app i wish to update, click on the update button, it brings me back to the home screen where the app resides shows 'waiting..' bellow the icon with a progress bar on the icon, it sits there for a few seconds and disappears without upgrading the app. At this point i can go back in the app store and verify that it did not upgrade as the app is still in the updates list.

This is a verizon iphone 4 and it is jailbroken.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

That happens to me...so don't be alarmed. :D I would hard reset (hold sleep/wake and home buttons until you see apple logo and release) but it can also just be your network...try that and you should be good...

That happens to me...so don't be alarmed. :D I would hard reset (hold sleep/wake and home buttons until you see apple logo and release) but it can also just be your network...try that and you should be good...

Thanks for the quick response... Probably should have mentioned it before, but, this has been going on for a few months now, i have done the hard reset about half a dozen times by now, sometimes it would freeze when the jailbreak/apple logo shows up, i would have to reset it again to work or plug it into a charger to get it to turn on again.

Gil718 said:
Thanks for the quick response... Probably should have mentioned it before, but, this has been going on for a few months now, i have done the hard reset about half a dozen times by now, sometimes it would freeze when the jailbreak/apple logo shows up, i would have to reset it again to work or plug it into a charger to get it to turn on again.

In that case I would suggest restoring the device. Save your shsh blobs first using tiny umbrella so you can downgrade the device back to your firmware or just wait for ios 5

it does say waiting but i you look at the device you will see that one of the apps is actually downloading and the other app wait for that one app to finish before they start, so it wont download more then one at a time unless you force it to by tapping on them, but its best to let it do it one at a time as it downloads and installs faster that way

I have had this problem and it was due to wifi. Most my apps would download normal but some bigger one's did not so i took it to apple shop they told me its due to a error on some older handsets and app store so maybe you have same error try wifi.or just update from pc. Moderated for piracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh right yes, if I knew you where trying to download them over a 3G connection I could of told you the same, downloads over 20mb will not work on a 3G connection unles you use apps like 3g unrestrictor

Kakayleahniya said:
I have had this problem and it was due to wifi. Most my apps would download normal but some bigger one's did not so i took it to apple shop they told me its due to a error on some older handsets and app store so maybe you have same error try wifi.or just update from pc. Moderated for piracy.

Please don't advice the user to piracy.

I am on wifi and i am not always around a computer so i would rather fix the problem, as iCrank suggested, than find workarounds.
I read up about TU, and i backed up my blobs, i am pretty much ready to restore, but not sure what to do after... will i have to jailbreak the phone again? or will i be able to restore it to the current state without having to re-install anything?

I am on wifi and i am not always around a computer so i would rather fix the problem, as iCrank suggested, than find workarounds.
I read up about TU, and i backed up my blobs, i am pretty much ready to restore, but not sure what to do after... will i have to jailbreak the phone again? or will i be able to restore it to the current state without having to re-install anything?
Yes you'll need to jb again. only way to avoid doing that is if you was to download a custom jb ios google s best bet.

So i tried to re-install with 4.2.8 JB, but ended up getting errors 1013 and 3194, was able to get around them, but ended up having to install 4.2.10 since it got late and i needed a working phone for today.

Is it possible to go back to 4.2.8 Jb now? i still have my blobs with TU, i followed some threads to try and get 4.2.8 on there but ended up getting the 1013 error again. I had TU running the TSS server, still not sure if i need to edit the host file or not for this???

Any ideas?

Gil718 said:
So i tried to re-install with 4.2.8 JB, but ended up getting errors 1013 and 3194, was able to get around them, but ended up having to install 4.2.10 since it got late and i needed a working phone for today.

Is it possible to go back to 4.2.8 Jb now? i still have my blobs with TU, i followed some threads to try and get 4.2.8 on there but ended up getting the 1013 error again. I had TU running the TSS server, still not sure if i need to edit the host file or not for this???

Any ideas?

Edit the host file. Here's a downgrade guide

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...downgrade-preserve-firmware-your-iphone-9736/

Last edited:
Gil718 said:
Thanks... I think i looked at that last night, but i was also very tired and frustrated when i was trying to get this to work, i will give it a try later!

Hope it works out for you