What's new

Anyone know name of this camera app?

Tamzin

Reaction score
Hi,

I've lost a camera app on my iPhone when I upgraded it, I can't remember the name of the app but I really want it back. I'll describe the app and see if anyone knows it or if it rings a bell :)

It lets you make a king of animated gif and you can paint out part of the photo, so it lets you take a little movie but then out of some of the frames you can paint out the subject, so for example you can have a line on the ground and someone can 'vanish' as they pass through the line because you can tell it to not modify the image beyond that point. It's hard to explain so this is a long shot, maybe someone will know though :-/

Another example might be you could run behind a tree and as you went behind the tree you would not appear on the other side of it, it would be like you've vanished :p It's great fun but I can't remember the stupid name of the damn thing now :-(

Thanks if you can.

Tamz.

Last edited:
Go to the App Store, click on updates, then purchased, and then it on this phone. Hopefully you will find it there.

Go to the App Store, click on updates, then purchased, and then it on this phone. Hopefully you will find it there.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Sorry I should have said in the original post, that's the first thing I tried hehe. I looked there and I looked in my iTunes App sync place, no joy, just no luck at all. Because I think the problem was I had another Apple ID back then which I don't have anymore :-(

Ask your friends who have used the app or who have helped take pictures for you with your phone,they may remember the name.

Sometimes apps are no longer supported. This happened to us with an eReader app. One time we updated and it wouldn't work anymore. I went to iTunes to re down load it and it was just gone! It no longer existed anywhere in iTunes. I knew the name of the app because I used it often. It was just gone. (Several people in my family used it as well we all had the same problem.)

Hmm I'm not exactly sure. I have an app called Split Pic where there are several frames you can take pics in and at the end, all those frames are then merged into one photo with the same background so it looks like you have a twin, triplet, or quadruplet. But this probably isn't what you're looking for but thought I'd mention it anyways. I haven't played with this app extensively so I don't know if it does gif animations...

I would like to share names of some camera apps: Camera+, Camera Awesome, True HDR, Instagram, YouTube Capture, ToonCamera, Slow Shutter+, Split Pic Pro, GorillaCamPro, Cycloramic

Hi,

I've lost a camera app on my iPhone when I upgraded it, I can't remember the name of the app but I really want it back. I'll describe the app and see if anyone knows it or if it rings a bell :)

It lets you make a king of animated gif and you can paint out part of the photo, so it lets you take a little movie but then out of some of the frames you can paint out the subject, so for example you can have a line on the ground and someone can 'vanish' as they pass through the line because you can tell it to not modify the image beyond that point. It's hard to explain so this is a long shot, maybe someone will know though :-/

Another example might be you could run behind a tree and as you went behind the tree you would not appear on the other side of it, it would be like you've vanished :p It's great fun but I can't remember the stupid name of the damn thing now :-(

Thanks if you can.

Tamz.

are u actually able to save the gif or just upload it to share? you can try cinemagram. it might b what u are talkin about.