What's new

which camera app

sakumaxp

Reaction score
hey guys and gals, i was just wondering if there is a camera app that is better than the original one the iphone comes with. i recently downloaded the 12.0 megapixel camera one and i snapped a few shots with it, to be honest i think the HDR on the original camera takes the cake, i mean yeah its cool to say you have that many megapixels, but all in all i really thought it looked worse than the regular HDR camera. so if anyone knows a better camera that i can work with because i use my phone as my camera as most people do now days and i just want to know if there is a better app out there, thanks!

In my experience from these apps none of them improve on the original camera. I think the way they work is by 'guessing' what colour pixels go where and adding them in. I can't see how a programme can increase the mega pixels of a camera. That's surely a limitation of the camera itself? Why would apple say their camera is capable of taking only 5mp when it's capable of over twice that...?

The best way to increase the resolution of any picture is with programs like Adobe Photoshop or Corel Photoshop or some of the excellent plugins for them on the PC or Aperture on the Mac. Up-sizing a picture on a pc requires a lot of memory and cpu horsepower. The iPhone just does not have the power to do it properly. Even Adobe Elements can do a better job of it. Bottom line, if you want to increase resolution/megapixels, do it on a pc or mac. You will be amazed at the results.

ahh thank you poco, darn i was really hoping the iphone could do it haha, im just being lazy haha

I like the 7megapixel app. 12mp is too much 'stretch'...