What's new

Loaded question about camera

jr4jc

Reaction score
i have a question abou the ip4 camera.
i have to use verizon, long story but i need verizon to reach where i go.
so with the iphone coming to verizon 2/10 i am in line to get one.
my wife just told me that she wants a good digital camera for valentines days,
so i could get her an iphone toooooo, if the camera is pretty good, what do you all think. or should i just get her a nice digital camera.
if i get the iphone for her what apps make it better.
thanks.
[can't wait to get my iphone]

IMO the camera is good. As far as as everyday convenience. It really depends on what your needs are. It does not replace a camera for special events i.e weddings, birthdays, etc. Just my opinion. I have a dslr that I never use and am thinking of selling it to buy a smaller pocket digi cam. I think she probably wouldn't mind an ip4 though. 

I would suggest you get her a good digital camera with an optical zoom. Everybody loves to zoom in on everything and the iPhone has a digital zoom which if you zoom in 2x you will have half the resolution, 4x and you have a quarter of the resolution and the pictures look very pixellated and blurry if you try to enlarge them much at all. However the movie part of the iPhone is pretty good, even on a large screen TV. Remember she said she wanted a good digital camera, not a phone you like you want It's for her, not for you. :) LOL

thanks for the help, i do think she may want an iphone once i get mine, and she is not aspiring to great photography, i tried to get her an SLR a year or so ago and she said don't waste the money. that is why the >??? i wonder if for the money of the ip4 she wouldn't rather have it, for the camera and everything that goes with it.
maybe we'll try my phone first and then see which she would rather have???
thanks for the help.
any more opinions or ideas, they are welcome

My wife was constanty on my phone taking pictures, web browsing and playing games. She used it more than I did. I ended up getting her an iPod touch...